Chapter 3 - Detention

Jihyun's POV

I started the day like usual and went to the cafe. Like yesterday, there weren't that much customers so I really had not much to do but to just clean the tables and the counters.

Working today is pretty hard, especially when I keep on thinking about what happened yesterday.

Alright, I admit that I am a bit nervous of what he would do or what his father would think of. And I am also a bit nervous about how the rest of the students would be treating me later on. I bet that they would kill me for embarrassing Chanyeol.

"Jihyun-ah..."

I turned around and saw Mr. Bae approach me.

"Oh... Mr. Bae," I greeted him and bowed before continuing on cleaning the mess.

"You look pretty tense today, are you alright?"

I was stopped by his words. I slowly turned to him with a questioning look. "How do you say so, Mr. Bae?"

He smiled. "I could just tell," he answered but still left me a bit confused. "Is it about school?"

"Uh..."

He chuckled. "I would take that as a yes."

I shook my head. "No, Mr. Bae. Nothing is wrong at school, everything is fine... Just...the...same way as...it...is..." I said, slowly trailing off. I don't want to lie to such a good person but I don't want him to get involved.

"So no one is bullying you? There are no problems with your teachers or grades?"

"Yes, sir."

He smiled. "Alright then... Just ease up a little bit, okay? And you could head off any time you want now," he says before turning around and heading to the kitchen.

--------

As I entered the school, it felt so different than before. So, so different. Every student'e head turns towards me and follows me by their sight as they murmur something to their friends. The feeling was super uncomfortable. It makes me want to melt down right on spot.

I just continued to walk as if I do not have any idea that people are shooting glares at me or cursing me and murmuring their hatred. If glares only could kill I am totally dead right now. Like, a hundred times dead.

Now I can feel the heat of the hell Chanyeol is talking about. I am sure he did not order the students to do this. They, especially the girls, would probably react like this after what I have done.

Seriously, was I that wrong?

Relief washed over me when I finally reached the library. Knowing that there aren't that much students here, I can finally have my own peace. A place where there are no eyes sending daggers towards me.

I was headed towards my usual spot when I stopped because of voices - familiar voices.

"Chanyeol, I think what you are planning to do is wrong," one of the voices said. And I immediately recognized the owner of the voices - Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "Oh wait, I don't think it is wrong because it really is wrong."