Chapter 79 - I love you too

Jihyun's POV

"Oh?" I uttered upon seeing Baekhyun sitting on the couch. He turns upon hearing my voice as I asked, "You're still here?"

"Do you not want me to be here?" he asks in a joking manner.

"Of course I want you here," I answered, stalling towards him and sitting on his right. I faced the television where a certain cartoon show was playing then proceeded to ask, "Aren't you going to prepare back at your home like the others?" I was talking about the rest in this apartment. They all went home earlier to prepare for the big thing tonight.

Baekhyun shook his head. "Nope. I have everything I need right here so I don't really have any reason to go," he answered. "Plus, it'll be fun to do it with you."

I felt my cheeks heat up as he gave me a smirk. "I want to be the very first one to see how you'd be looking like for tonight," he even added.

"Psh," I scoffed, turning away in effort to hide my blushing figure from him. "I guess that'll be fine."

Baekhyun chuckles as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer towards him. "It'll be haggard to change two times at the party later on though," he stated.

He was right. We would be going there in our choir outfits since it would be part of the opening of our program. Then the next would be the change for the musical play which is a little bit right before dinner time.

It would be starting around six in the evening and would end by nine. Unless something would occur that would hold that back.

I wouldn't like to jinx that though, since we decided to head off to the hideout for an after party tonight.

"...Do you want to eat lunch outside?"

My brows furrowed at his question. "What? But we have food here, Baek," I replied, turning to him.

"That's right... But you know that I don't cook, Jihyun..."

"Then I will cook."

He pouts, looking away. I finally had an idea about what he's trying to do which made me sigh, "Please don't tell me about your manliness again and you don't want to get it hurt or stepped on or whatever."

"I will just buy-"

"No," I cut him off.

Baekhyun only continued to pout and look at me with those pleading eyes of his.

Stay strong, Jihyun. Don't give in.

"Baekhyun... Don't you think it'll just be a waste? We already have what we need here."

That's right, Jihyun. Tell him that.

He sighed, "Okay."

It made me sigh inwardly too. I knew it to myself that if he continues on this pleading figure of his, I won't be able to stand a chance.

We then continued to watch these cartoons on the television, though I am not really quiet aware of it. Until Baekhyun brought up another topic.

"Hey, Jihyun..."

"Hm?" I hummed in response, only to receive nothing back. I turned to him and he had this blank face on, and was only looking down which made it hard for me to understand what was going on with him.

"...Um... Never mind about it."

I shot him an 'are you kidding me' look and demanded, "Just tell me about it."

"No, no... It's fine really."

"You made me curious, Baek," I added.

"Really, you don't have to think about it-"