Chapter 69 - Collaboration

Jihyun's POV

It was a new day, Monday, a start of a new week which hopefully would be a better week for me at least.

Getting up this morning was a bit harder than usual. Sleeping last night was hard.

The image of Chanyeol hugging Choimin was imprinted on my mind. It was as if I can just look at an empty spot and subconciously visualize them.

Even at night, where everything else is dark. I couldn't see anything but that.

It hurt me, of course. But it also sparked curiosity in me.

Why were they hugging? What was going on??

I couldn't help but think that Chanyeol and Choimin might be together again.

Though there's still that pain, some part of me sort of rest assured that at least Chanyeol was starting to forget about things both of us want to forget about.

But then there's also a part of me that questions how he could quickly make his moves onto forgetting things while I am still struggling despite starting way ahead of him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when fingers suddenly started snapping right in front of me.

"You okay, girl?"

I looked up to Chen who looked confused.

I shot him a confused look back too before realizing that I was still at my crouching position, hands on my shoes.

"U-Uh... I was just thinking about something.." I answered with a small smile as I stood up.

We all walked out of the apartment and headed to school.

Upon arriving, we headed to our classroom as usual. I was filed with dread though as I walked along with the guys.

Gosh... When will this phase end? I hate having to fear going to school just to see him and fail myself with my promises for Baekhyun and I.

"Woah, Jihyun."

My brows jumped when I felt a tug at my elbow. I turned to my right and saw Baekhyun chuckling. "Are you heading somewhere else?"

I sighed upon realizing that I just passed by the classroom door.

"Uh.." I mumbled, trying to think of something to say.

"Jihyun!"

Baekhyun's brows rose up. "Oh.. Good morning, Jungyoo."

I turned to face the latter. "Good morning, Jungyoo. What brings you here?"

"Good morning to you two, too," she says, grinning. "I just came to inform you that the club Presidents are having a meeting later at the Head Students' office for the winter break party held next week. You'll be excused for one subject at lunch."

I nodded. "Thank you for that information, Jungyoo."

"You're welcome.. Here are a few details about the party that I gathered earlier." she handed me a small piece of paper and I thanked her again as I started to scan what was written on it. "I'll go ahead now," she says, bowing in excuse before walking off with a small wave and smile.

"Can I have a peek?" Baekhyun asks. I nodded and handed him the paper as we walked in our classroom. "Winter break came earlier than before, huh?"

"It's implemented at all schools nationwide," I answered, remembering the news we watched last night.

"Oh.. Well I guess that's a good thing," he muses, taking a seat beside me. "I wouldn't have to worry about not seeing you anyway since I can see you everyday," he added, grinning happily.