Chapter 42 - Beach

Jihyun's POV

Mph... The sun's blinding me...

...wait... I am in the hideout... The sun can't reach us down here....

My eyes slowly fluttered opened, but I immediately shut it close again as it came in direct contact with the bright light.

Why is the light even open already??

I slowly sat up, still squinting at the sudden brightness. I woke up by my alarm again.

I turned to my side and realized Heeji was not there.

I frowned.

Did that girl wake up early as well?

I turned to the clock and my eyes went one hundred percent wide in just a few seconds.

"I'm late!" I exclaimed and hopped off the bed quickly.

It was already ten in the morning and I don't think I can even catch up to my last subject before lunch.

I started to feel pissed off by the fact that they did not even bother to wake me up.

I quickly bathed myself and brushed my teeth. I think I have done all that in just twenty seconds. I did not mind brushing my hair since it was naturally curly. I quickly slipped into my uniform and wore my socks and shoes.

I checked myself one last time in the mirror then grabbed my bag.

How would I even catch a ride from here to school??

Ugh! Let's just hurry!!

I checked if I have everything I need there before turning everything off in the bedroom and dashing out.

My footsteps were as loud as my heartbeat as I ran. I am nervous I would received another detention. And this time because of my own mistakes.

But they did not wake me up!!

"Jihyun?"

I stopped abruptly at that familiar voice.

I turned and saw D.O. in his shirt and shorts. He had a frown on his face as he scanned me from head to toe.

"Where are you going? And why are you dressed like that?"

Soon, the boys started to appear one by one and Heeji.

"Jihyun... Why are you in our uniform?" Lay asks with the same expression with D.O.

"I should be the one to ask you guys that," I told them. "Why aren't you in school??"

"Because there are no classes?" Chanyeol answered. It was obvious that he was trying to hold his laughter. "I told you all last night remember??"

Then it hit me.

Oh my God.

"Oh my God," Chanyeol laughed and if let my whole face turn red in embarrassment. "You thought we have classes and you dressed to get ready to school?? How could you forget??"