Chapter 2 - Mistake

Jihyun's POV

As usual, I headed to school right after work. There were not much students yet since it is a bit early. Mr. Bae sent me off earlier and I don't really know why. My theory is because he wouldn't need me a lot because there weren't that much customers earlier.

The customers of the café are slowly decreasing these days, as I have noticed. And that is a bit bad on our part of course. I hope that the number of customers would increase once again.

I decided to head to the library to read some books.  But as I arrived, I heard some voices. They were a bit loud making me sigh.

A library is meant to be a quiet place. They do not need to be reminded about that simple rule.

My head turned towards the sleeping librarian. I think the school needs to hire a new librarian. This one is a heavy sleeper even though she wakes up whenever there is something loud or someone taps her.

Regardless of the gossiping students, I went to find a book to read. I could still hear the voices and I could recognize that they belong to boys.

As I continued to look for something good to read, I stopped when I heard my name mentioned.

"Jeon Ji Hyun? Oh...you meant that girl that blocked my way from yesterday?"

That voice... that deep voice... it seems so familar...

Chanyeol? Could it be him? Or maybe not.

But I did blocked that guy's way yesterday, right?

My brows met.

And I clearly heard that whoever he is mentioned my name. Are they gossiping about me?

Of course, Jihyun. Who else in this school has a name like yours?

I usually don't mind about people gossiping but when it is about me, it is actually a bother. This is actually the first time I have encountered someone gossiping about me.

I continued to listen to the rest that they are going to say. I peeked at the tiny space in the bookshelf which gives me a chance to secretly see who is on the other side.

Confirmed. It is Chanyeol.

"I am surprised you could recognize her or even know her," the guy with him said.

"Of course I know her. Don't you think a popular man like me knows everybody? And that everyone knows me? They don't call me Mr. Popular for nothing," Chanyeol replied with that usual smug look on his face. "Everyone loves me because of my popularity and thats is what matters the most."

That is what matters the most? Popularity is what matters the most for him? That is just stupid!

"Not everyone knows you bro," his friend laughed.

"Okay... Let's say the whole world does not know me, yet..." is Chanyeol's response. The 'yet' part almost made me laugh. "But I bet everyone in the school knows me."

"No... Not really."

"Now you're lying. Everyone knows me."