Chapter 75 - Wish

Third Person's POV

"What the heck, Chanyeol?" Choimin blurts out as soon as the two headed to her room. "I thought I made it clear for you that I don't want you to use me in your plans??"

"I-I - I did not know what I was thinking either!"

Choimin turns to Chanyeol with a scoff. "So you were panicking? Well then what are you going to do about it now, huh? Your plans are obviously not intact - they're clashing with each other."

"I-I know but-"

"At least do something about it," Choimin snaps, shutting the door right in front of his face.

Jihyun and Baekhyun were heading to their own room themselves. The latter endlessly talked about how their guesses about Chanyeol and Choimin were right while the girl beside him remained awfully silent.

"And I thought it was weird why Chanyeol kept on going missing with her when it was so obvious all along, right, JIhyun??" Baekhyun asks, turning towards the latter but never got any reply. His smile slowly vanished as he noticed the blank stare the girl only had. "Jihyun?"

Finally, the girl got back to her senses and turned to Baekhyun right beside her. "Y-Yeah?"

"Are... you alright?" He asks and the girl nodded.

"Perfectly fine. I am just a bit tired," Jihyun answers.

"Alright. As soon as we get there, you go get ready for bed first, alright??"

JIhyun nods again and continuous to walk in silence.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun couldn't help but think to himself. The phrase Jihyun used to answer his question was exactly the same thing she would when there is something bothering her.

He started contemplating to himself whether or not he should ask or just leave it be. It bothers him when something's bothering her, it was always that way. Nevertheless, he would always remain silent, afraid that Jihyun would prefer to keep it to herself.

He never fails to notice whenever something is wrong with the girl. He knows her too well already - her actions, her words... But whenever something like this happens, it makes him think wrong.

Sometimes it makes him feel as if Jihyun could not afford to trust him. But even so, he does not want to let her know that he is thinking this way so he remained silent all the time.

Even when things starts to get too obvious already...

The sudden ringtone coming from Baekhyun's phone rang across the hallway, gaining the two's attention.

"Who is it?" JIhyun questions as Baekhyun took his phone from his pockets.

"Oh... It's Choimin," he says before answering, putting it on the phone's speaker so Jihyun could hear about it as well. "Hey, Choimin. What's up?"

"Well... Since we are going to spend our days tomorrow separate, Chanyeol suggested that we should end the day today with movies!" the girl on the other line sounding as enthusiastic as ever. But little did the two on the other side knew the threatening gazes she sent to Chanyeol who sat on her bed with his arms crossed. Then she mouthed to the latter as well, "Suffer, Park Chanyeol."

"Really? But isn't he the one who says that he'd like to spend some time with you more?" Baekhyun replied. Chanyeol, who heard this, gave Choimin an 'I told you so' look.

"Well, yeah... But you know Chanyeol - that guy contradicts himself most of the time so," Choimin chuckled while sending a mocking look towards Chanyeol.