Chapter 1 - Tension

STOP! If you haven't read the first book Sweetheart, then you should before you read this book as you will be very confused as to what is going on.

For everyone else, welcome to Despondency, the sequel to Sweetheart! ENJOY!!!

June 2, 1998

Author's POV

"Mariah you need to eat something", Ginuwine said as he sat a ham and cheese sandwich down in front of her.

She just stared at the wall in front of her, giving him no response.

It had little over a week since Mariah miscarried her and Ginuwine's son and the negative tension between the couple was through the roof.

Mariah had been refusing to eat, drink, and speak causing Ginuwine to become increasingly frustrated with her. He tried his best to be cooperative, but his patience was quickly wearing thin.

"Baby please just eat", he begged.

"I'm not hungry", she whispered and then got up from the table.

"Where are you going?"

"Just leave me alone okay?", Mariah said, a tear running down her face.

"Baby I wanna be there for you. I'm hurting just as much as you are."

"No you aren't!", Mariah yelled. "You weren't the one that had a baby inside of you!", she screamed and walked away sobbing.

"Mariah!", Ginuwine yelled as he followed her up the stairs.

"I said leave me the hell alone please!", Mariah begged. "I need to get ready for my doctors appointment."

"Oh so when were you gonna tell me you had an appointment?"

"I can handle my own business now move out the way!", Mariah yelled trying to move Ginuwine from in front of their bedroom door.

"No Mariah."

"Ginuwine...I just lost my son and you aren't making me feel any better trying to start shit with me", she cried, anger brewing inside of her.

"He was my son too!", Ginuwine said causing Mariah to roll her eyes and push him out of the way.

She walked into their bedroom, slammed the door in his face, and immediately broke down in tears.

"I just want my baby boy", she whispered to herself as she cried.

Mariah was hurting and Ginuwine just wasn't understanding how deeply distraught she was.

For the past five months and half months, she had gotten to know their baby and it's personality. Every little movement warmed her heart and made her feel full of love, but now she felt like an empty, useless shell.