Chapter 16 - Mariah's Confusion

Hey guys! I decided to skip over some events such as Ginuwine's birthday to focus on key parts in the story. Sorry for any mistakes.
Enjoy!
M💖

October 22, 1998

Author's POV

Mariah's setting

"Mariah it's taking you an awful long time write that song of yours", her sound engineer Ian said as he stood on the doorway of the studio.

"I want it to be special because it's for my wedding", she said blankly.

"Oh…well. Let me know when you wanna start recording. I'll be in the break room", he said and then closed the door.

Mariah turned back around and continued working on the song she titled "Thank God I Found You". It was about how happy she was to have Ginuwine in her life and how much she loved him. She even though about adding him onto the song so they could sing to each other.

Minutes had passed by now and she couldn't seem to focus on writing. Her mind would always wander to the encounter she had with Janet a few days ago.

You're not a lesbian. You don't like girls, Mariah would repeatedly tell herself, but deep down inside she liked the way Janet kissed her that night. She was gentle and Mariah could tell Janet knew what she was doing.

As much as she wanted to experiment with Janet, she couldn't. She didn't want to hurt Ginuwine by cheating on him and she didn't want to hurt Janet by playing with her feelings and using her.

All Mariah wanted to do at the moment was marry the love of her life and continue on trying for a baby. Another month had passed and she was still unsuccessful at getting pregnant.

"Babygirl I'm here", a voice said, interrupting her from her thoughts.

"Oh…hey Ginuwine", Mariah said as she quickly put her song book away.

"I brought you lunch", Ginuwine grinned as he handed her the bag of McDonald's.

"Thanks baby. I was starving", she said as she got up and headed over to the couch on the other side of the room.

"What's wrong peaches? You seem a little bit down about something", Ginuwine frowned as he sat next to her.

"It's nothing."

"It's gotta be something wrong Mariah."

"Ginuwine I swear there's nothing wr-"

"Mariah….just tell me…..please?", Ginuwine interrupted in a serious tone.

Mariah sighed and thought about what to say.

"Ginuwine I think there's something wrong with me", she confessed.

"What do you mean?", he frowned.

"Well I…….I don't think I can get pregnant."

Ginuwine face almost immediately filled with concern.

"How do you know?", he asked.

"We've been having unprotected sex for months now and nothing has happened. I should've been pregnant by now", Mariah said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Well maybe we should go see a doctor then. It's probably just something minor. Don't cry babygirl", Ginuwine said as he stroked her thigh.

"I hope it is. I just wanna be able to give you beautiful babies."

"And you are Mariah. When the time comes. Now is there anything else I should know about?"

As soon as he said that, thoughts of Janet raced through her mind but Mariah decided to keep it to herself. She didn't need Ginuwine freaking out over something that wasn't important for the moment.

"N-No", Mariah said as she ate.

"Mhmm. I just wanna make sure my babygirl is happy", Ginuwine smiled. "Imma schedule you a doctors appointment as soon I get home okay? I know how much you want a baby so we're gonna make this happen."

"Thank you so much baby", Mariah said as kissed his lips.

"Anything for you my queen."

"Awww why are you being so sweet today?", she grinned.

"Because I love you and aren't I always sweet to you?"

"Yeah", Mariah giggled.

"That's what I thought. You can count on me to make sure we have this whole 'baby situation' handled before our wedding", Ginuwine said as he kissed her forehead causing a big smile to spread across Mariah's face.

He truly believed that getting married and having a baby would bring him and Mariah even closer than they already were and he would be right….

⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤

Do you guys think Mariah should let Janet turn her out?👀👀👀