Chapter 7 (Part 2) - Persuasion

July 30, 1998
Sorry for any mistakes
Enjoy💖

Author's POV

Mariah's setting🌟

"I'm so damn tired", Mariah groaned to herself as she laid down on the couch after a long day of working.

This was her first day getting back to work since her pregnancy and she was worn out completely.

Before she could get comfortable, the doorbell rang.

"I can't even lay down without someone bothering me", she complained as she got up to open the door.

She opened the door and saw that it was Aaliyah, whom she hadn't seen in a while.

"Oh my god! Liyah I haven't seen you in forever!", Mariah said as she pulled her into a hug.

"I know right", Aaliyah giggled as she walked through the door.

She followed Mariah to her living room and sat down on the couch across from her.

"So what have you been up to lately?", Mariah asked as she laid down.

"The usual, working and having my daily dose of waffles every day", Aaliyah smiled.

"Your ass is always eating waffles", Mariah shook her head.

"They're good", Aaliyah laughed. "Anyways have you been taking care of yourself Mimi?"

"Yes Liyah, I'm doing fine. Why'd you ask?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to make sure you were okay", Aaliyah fake smiled.

"Liyah….do you have something to tell me?", Mariah asked, her eyebrows arched out of suspicion.

"No…why would l-"

"Liyah…."

"Okay, okay I can't hold it in any longer, but my brother really misses you Mariah. He's been so sad without you."

"Is that all you came here to tell me?", she said pretending like she didn't care. Deep down inside she missed him too.

"Mariah just please give him another chance. He's been so depressed without you. You were his everything."

"Liyah, I'm sorry but he hurt me and I can't forgive him for that right now", Mariah said.

"He's getting help for that though Mariah, just please", Aaliyah said with puppy dog eyes.

"I hope you know that your sad face doesn't phase me and besides, why are you so worried about getting us back together?"

"Well because y'all were a cute ass couple and I want Ginuwine to marry you so you can be my sister-in-law", Aaliyah smiled.

"Liyah, I'm sorry but I don't think I'll ever get back with Ginuwine", Mariah lied.

Aaliyah huffed and crossed her arms in frustration.

"Mariah you can't fool me, you know that right?"

"But I'm not fooling you though."

"I know you miss him", Aaliyah pried.

"I don't", Mariah lied once again.

"Mariah….."

"Liyah, how many times do I have to tell you? I don't love him or want him anymore", she snapped. "If that's the only thing you came here to tell me then feel free to leave."

"Okay", Aaliyah said with an attitude as she got up and made her way to the door.

She slammed the door hard on the way out causing Mariah to jump.

A few minutes passed and Mariah could no longer hold it in, she let her tears run free. She was tired of lying to herself and everyone around. She missed Ginuwine deeply in ways more than one.

After she dried her tears, she picked her phone and dialed his number. She knew exactly what she had to do……