Chapter 23 - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On

Vote and comment please💕

💜Enjoy💜

May 16, 1999

Unedited.

Get comfortable because this is going to be a loonngg chapters loves💕

Author's POV

Mariah's Setting

"Happy birthday Janet. I meant to call you earlier but I'm about to get ready so I can go to this party", Mariah said as she walked around her apartment.

"It's okay babygirl. I wish I was there to celebrate with you and have you as my birthday cake", Janet groaned.

"Really Jan? Haven't you had enough cake?", Mariah laughed.

Today was Janet's birthday, but instead of them spending time together, Janet was on the other side of the world working in Japan and Mariah was getting ready to go to a boring music industry party.

"No Mimi", Janet laughed. "I gotta go though. It's almost time for me to go on stage and perform."

"Okay, well talk to you later baby", Mariah said somberly.

"Don't sound like that babygirl. I'll be home soon and momma is gonna take care of you alright?"

"Yeah I know."

"Okay then. Love you mimi, I gotta go."

Mariah hung up the phone and sighed deeply.

Do I really wanna go to this party tonight?, she asked herself. Talking to Janet only made her miss her more and now she wasn't in such a partying mood.

Mariah thought about it and decided that she would just go anyways. She had nothing else to do tonight so why not.

She was just getting up to get ready when the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?", Mariah asked herself as she walked towards to the door. She wasn't supposed to be expecting any visitors today, or at least she thought so.

She opened the door and was startled when she saw who it was on the other side.

"G-Ginuwine?", Mariah stuttered as she look him up and down.

She hadn't seen him in almost seven months and so much had changed about him since then.

His clean shaven face now had a neatly groomed beard and mustache. His hair was now longer and in cornrows and his muscles had gotten larger.

"Mariah we really need to talk. Can I come in?", Ginuwine said in his deep voice.

"U-um sure", she said as she stepped out of the way to let him in.

They walked to the living room in silence and sat down.

"C-can I get you anything? I have water or juice. I just baked a cake the other day and-"

"Mariah I'm good.", Ginuwine laughed.

"Oh...okay. What did you want to talk to me about?", she said.

"Well remember when you told me about wanting to find your birth parents?"

"Y-yes", Mariah stuttered.