Chapter 6 (Part 2) - No More Crying

July 16, 1998
Sorry for any mistakes
Enjoy💖

Author's POV

🌟Mariah's setting🌟

"Janet I really don't want you to leave tommorow. I'm really gonna miss you", Mariah sighed.

"I'm going to miss you too Mimi", Janet said.

It was Mariah's last night staying at Janet's house because Janet would be leaving to go back on tour the next day.

"What am I gonna do now without you?"

"You need to start working again and trying to mend your relationship with Ginuwine", Janet said.

"I don't think I could be with him anymore. We both hurt each other and things are never going to be the same between me and him."

"Mariah, what you and Ginuwine are going through right now is fixable. You guys are taking this time apart to work on yourselves. Mariah you may have given him that engagement ring back, but if he walked in this room right now and asked you to marry him, you would say yes. I know you still love him."

And that's why I chose not to pursue your fine ass, Janet thought to herself.

"I don't", Mariah lied.

"You carried his child for goodness sakes, you guys were barely together for a year."

"What does that have to do with anything?", Mariah chided.

"That has everything to do with the fact that you and Ginuwine need to get back together."

"Janet…..I can't. I-I'm kind of um….s-scared of him."

"Why?"

"Remember when I told you guys about his anger episodes?"

"Yeah…I forgot about that. But he's  getting help for that right now."

"How do you know? He probably went back to his old ways of fucking a new bitch every night", Mariah rolled her eyes.

"No mimi, Me and him happen to go to the same therapy office and sometimes I see him there."

"You go to therapy?", Mariah asked surprised.

"Yes, and your ass needs to start going to. I'm tired of watching you cry almost everyday over your babydaddy."

"Ginuwine isn't my babydaddy."

"Bitch…..he got you pregnant before so he's your babydaddy", Janet laughed.

"That was his fault."

"Nah, I bet yo lazy ass ain't take your birth control that day."

"Janet we're not gonna talk about that", Mariah deadpanned.

"Just saying", Janet laughed.

"Yeah, but what about your baby?"

"Mariah don't even play even play like tha-"

"Oh but it's fine to joke around about my pregnancy, but once I say something about yours, you wanna get serious."

"Mariah I-"

"No Janet. You don't know how much that still hurts me", Mariah said as she struggled to hold back tears.

"Mine still hurts me too Mariah."

"I got pregnant because Ginuwine kept telling me that he wanted me to have his children. I didn't agree to it at first but eventually I stopped taking my birth control pills and just let it happen", Mariah said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Mariah you didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to make him happy", Mariah sniffled.

"Come here", Janet said as she pulled Mariah close.

"You gotta stop all this crying everyday Mimi. It's not going to make you feel any better."

"You don't know how much I'm hurt Janet. I almost had a husband and a child, my very own family. Now I have nothing."

"Mariah will you do me a favor while I'm gone?"

"What is it Jan?"

"I want you to go to therapy and get some help. Will you do that for me?"

"I don't know about that Janet. I only feel comfortable talking to you."

"Mariah just give it a try……for me"

She went silent for a second and then sighed, "Okay Jan I'll go."

Sorry for the boring ass chapter😭

M💖