Chapter 22 - Missing You

Vote and Comment!

Enjoy!

6 months later

May 1, 1999

Author's POV

Ginuwine's Setting

"Fuck!", Ginuwine said as he threw his song book across the room out of frustration.

He had been trying to write songs all day but he didn't have any ideas. Song writing was new to him and he was having a hard time with it.

Mariah was the one who taught him the art of songwriting, but she wasn't here to help him because they had been apart for going on six months and it was taking a toll on him.

He missed everything about her, but she hurt him bad and he wasn't ready to face her just yet.

"Why can't I come up with any ideas", Ginuwine said to himself as he lit a blunt.

Ever since him and Mariah had separated, he had gone back to his old habit of smoking weed. It relaxed him and kept him somewhat sane after everything that happened.

He took his first hit and inhaled the smoke into his lungs, waiting a few moments before he exhaled and let the smoke blow out of his nose.

(A/N: I don't smoke but I think that's how it works😂)

It almost instantly relaxed him and put him deep into thought about everything that had happened in the last few months.

He always really wanted to know the real reason why Mariah cheated on him, especially with a woman.

Was she not happy with me?, Ginuwine thought as he took another hit of his blunt. He wanted to forgive her so bad, but something was stopping him.

Ginuwine immediately shook the thought from his head and went to pick up his song book from the floor.

He sat down and started writing, letting his emotions take over.

After an hour he was done.

Ginuwine read over what he had written and it brought him to tears, especially the hook of the song.

It was very certain that it was about Mariah.

Like a cold summer afternoon
Like the snow coming down in June
Like a wedding without a groom
I'm missing you
I'm the desert without the sand
You're the woman without a man
I'm a ring without a hand
I'm missing you...

[A/N: Song in media]

Ginuwine closed his song book, picked up his cellphone, and dialed Mariah's number.

Please let her pick up the phone.....

Mariah's Setting

"Mariah wake up sweetheart. I made you a sandwich", Mariah heard as she woke from her nap.

"I'm not hungry Janet", she groaned.

"Come on baby, you need to eat something. How do you feel? Are you still bleeding?", Janet asked with much concern.

"Yes, but not a lot", Mariah replied.

Mariah had just had surgery on her uterus a fews days before and was now recovering at home. Dr. Rease had recommended that she have to the surgery now if she ever wanted the chance to have children again, so she obliged.

"Sit up for me babygirl so you can eat", Janet said softly as she adjusted the pillow behind Mariah and sat the tray on her lap.

She slowly began eating, which brought a smile to Janet's face. She had been trying to get Mariah to eat for the past 2 days and it finally worked.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get you some juice", Janet said as got up and left the room.

As soon as Janet walked out, Mariah's phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Ginuwine.

She let it ring for a second and then picked it up.

"H-Hello?", she answered.

"Mariah?", Ginuwine replied.

"Yeah...it's me", she said weakly.

"W-We......need to talk", he said nervously.

"I thought you never wanted to hear from me again....", Mariah sighed.

"Here's some apple juice Mariah", Janet said as she walked back into the room and sat it on the nightstand.

"Who is that? Is that Janet?", he asked, curious of who was talking in the background.

"I gotta go....bye", Mariah said quickly then hung up the phone.

"Baby who was that?", Janet asked.

"It was....Ginuwine", Mariah sighed.

"Oh......okay", Janet said as she looked down.

"Janet don't act like that....he said he never wanted to see me again so I have no idea why he called me. Remember, I'm yours now babe", Mariah reassured making Janet smile again.

"I can't wait until you finish healing from this surgery. I have soo many things I want to do to you", Janet said scanning Mariah's body.

"I just hope this surgery works. I really want a chance at motherhood again...", Mariah sighed.

"I'm sure it will babygirl", Janet said as she moved Mariah's hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.

"But what if it doesn't. I don't want to lose another baby if I get pregnant again. My baby boy bled out inside of me. I don't want that happening again", Mariah said as she began to cry.

"Hey, stop that crying. You're too beautiful for that. I know how you feel Mariah. You won't lose another baby. I promise", Janet said as she pulled Mariah into a hug.

"You promise?", Mariah sniffled, looking up at Janet.

"Yes babygirl. I promise."

Mariah was thankful for Janet. Pain was what brought them together, but deep down inside she knew she could never love another more than she loved Ginuwine....

Soooo....what do you guys think? Cmon don't be shy. Tell me how you feel about Janet and Mariah.

Despondency (Sequel To Sweetheart)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara