Chapter 51 - I Want It That Way

Please free to drag me after reading this chapter🤗

October 16, 1999

Ginuwine/ Mariah's POV

"Mariah please don't get upset at me. I just want us to do it the right way", Ginuwine said as they walked into his apartment.

"I specifically told you that I wanted it to be simple. I don't want it to be over the top and extravagant", she pouted.

Mariah was currently upset with Ginuwine because he refused to marry her at the courthouse they went to after leaving the mental institution. He claimed that she deserved more than a lousy courthouse wedding ceremony, which was true.

Instead they purchased a marriage license so they could have be lawfully allowed to marry if they wanted a sophisticated ceremony and wouldn't have to worry about getting one afterwards.

"Mariah we're going to do this right whether you like it or not and I'm not going to argue with you about it. You deserve the best so I'm going to give you that", Ginuwine said assertively.

"Whatever", Mariah said as she stormed towards the bedroom.

"You need to sit down somewhere with that attitude. You just got home and you already acting up. I'm not about to argue with you!", Ginuwine yelled so that Mariah could hear him.

Ginuwine shook his head and turned on the tv. He figured he would let her cool down before he went to go check on her.

After about an hour, he got up and headed upstairs to their bedroom.

He softly opened to the door see Mariah asleep on the bed in a silky pink nightgown, her hand resting firmly on her baby bump.

"Damn. She looks so good right about now", Ginuwine whispered to himself as he looked at her with lust beginning to form in his eyes.

Mariah hadn't really gained any weight from the pregnancy but she was getting thicker in all the right places. The sight of her made Ginuwine's mouth water.

He immediately shook off the naughty thoughts that were beginning to manifest in his mind and went over to go lay next to her.

Quietly, he laid down next to her and watched as she slept soundly. He watched for a few minutes before he saw something moving out of the corner his eye.

He looked further down her body to see that it was her baby bump. The twins were rigorously moving around inside of her.

"What are you two doing awake?", Ginuwine said as he got eye level with her stomach.

The babies seemed to jump around even more when they heard his voice.

"Okay you two, calm down so you don't wake up your mommy", he chuckled as gently rubbed her baby bump.

"I'm already up now", Mariah said as she opened her eyes and began rubbing circles on her stomach to calm the twins.

"Have they done this before?", Ginuwine asked, referring to the twins' hyperactivity.

"Yes, it happens almost everyday, especially when I'm trying to get some rest. Usually they calm down when I sing to them", Mariah yawned as she sat up, her back resting comfortably against the headboard.

"Somewhere over the rainbow...", she began softly singing as she rubbed her belly.

Ginuwine watched in awe as she sang to their unborn twins. She sounded heavenly and even though Mariah still had doubts, Ginuwine knew that she was going to be an excellent mother.

He continued watching as Mariah sang the the song a few more times before stopping.

"They calmed down faster than I thought they would", Mariah smiled.

"Are you still mad at me?, Ginuwine asked, abruptly changing the subject to more serious matters.

"Of course not. I'm just a little frustrated that's all. I just want to get down the aisle while I can still walk. It's getting harder for me to move around while pregnant", Mariah sighed.

"I know Mimi but I already have been in contact with planners and decorators. All the designs we picked out last time are going to be used. Everything is basically done, we just need a date", he said.

"Really? Well why didn't you just say that when were leaving the hospital?", Mariah said as she playfully punched his arm.

"Because...I wanted to get you out of there and home where you belong", Ginuwine shrugged.

"Well I after my next appointment with Dr. Rease, we can plan a date. Okay?"

"Yeah. What do you think our babies are going to be? I hope they're both boys", Ginuwine said excitedly.

"I at least want one of them to be a little girl", Mariah said.

"Nah because imma have to murder every guy that tries to talk to her when she gets older, especially if she's going to look like you."

"No you aren't and besides...I kinda want the babies to look like you", Mariah smiled as she looked down.

She wanted so badly for the twins to look like Ginuwine and not ambiguous like her. Mariah felt that if the children looked like him, then they would have less identity issues when it came to their race.

"It doesn't really matter if they look like me or not. I just want them to be born healthy", Ginuwine yawned as he laid down, pulling Mariah down so she could lay next to him.

He held her close to him and put a protective hand on her stomach.

"I love you", Mariah said as she cuddled into him.

"I love you too Mimi and I'm glad you're feeling better", Ginuwine said as he put one of Mariah's legs over him and began suggestively rubbing her thigh.

"Stop. You know what happens when you do that and I'm not ready for all that yet", Mariah gently eased away from him, feeling bad.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable", Ginuwine said.

"You didn't...it's just-....nothing", Mariah said as she forced a smile and laid back down.

She didn't want Ginuwine to feel bad just because she felt slightly uncomfortable when he touched her. She was trying her best to get used to the way things used to be between them but it was hard.

Ever since Tommy violated her a few months ago, she didn't want to be sensually touched or even fathom the thought of having sex at all.

She knew Ginuwine had needs that had to be fulfilled and would eventually have to be intimate with him but for now, she was just too scared.