Chapter 53 - Gender Reveal

October 24, 1999

Ginuwine/Mariah's Setting

"Mariah I'm soo excited to find out the gender of the babies", Aaliyah squealed excitedly as they all waited for Dr. Rease to come into the examination room.

Today with the accompaniment of Aaliyah and Diane, Ginuwine and Mariah would finally be finding out the genders of their twins.

"Me too liyah", Mariah smiled widely as she intertwined her fingers with Ginuwine, who wasn't saying much.

The last few days had been hard for him ever since he found out he was expecting another child with a women he wanted nothing to do with.

"It doesn't matter if my little Butterfly has boys or girls, as long as they are healthy when they're born, I'll be happy", Diane said as she rubbed Mariah's shoulder.

"Well hello. I see we have a full house today", Dr. Rease grinned as she walked into the room holding a clipboard with Mariah's information on it.

"Yep! Everyone's here", Mariah chuckled.

"Well let's get started then", Dr. Rease said as she sat down.

Mariah, already knowing the routine, lifted up her shirt so that Dr. Rease could begin the ultrasound.

She squeezed the cold jelly onto Mariah's abdomen and began to move the probe around.

"Your babies are growing really well and they are extremely healthy", Dr. Rease smiled as they all looked at the screen.

"Awww look at my granbabies! Y'all did a good job. I can't wait to meet them", Diane said to Ginuwine and Mariah.

"I can't wait to meet them too mama", Mariah beamed as she squeezed Ginuwine's hand, earning no response from him.

She squeezed his hand again and looked up at him to him blankly staring at the monitor.

"Is everything okay baby?", Mariah whispered to him only for him to nod his head.

She sighed and faced back towards the monitor, focusing her attention on what Dr. Rease was saying.

"Everything looks healthy so far. Now are you guys ready to find out the genders of the babies?", Dr. Rease said excitedly as she clapped her hands together

"Yes!", everyone said in unison with the exception of Ginuwine.

"Alright. Well let me zoom in on Baby A and see if it's a boy or girl."

Dr. Rease moved the probe around and toggled the machine.

"Okay Baby A is a.......GIRL!", she said earning gasps from Diane, Aaliyah, and Mariah.

"Yess! I knew one of them was a girl!", Aaliyah said excitedly.

"Awwww I have a babygirl", Mariah said trying not get emotional.

"I know she's gonna be beautiful just like her mother", Ginuwine said, forcing a smile as he looked at Mariah.

"I can already see a mini Mariah running around", Aaliyah said excitedly.

"You all ready to find out what Baby B is?", Dr. Rease said as she continued moving the probe on Mariah's baby bump.

"Yes!", everyone said in unison once again.

"Alright, it'll be just a moment", she said as she toggled the machine.

"Okay Baby B is a.......BOY!", Dr. Rease said, finally earning a response from Ginuwine.

"Really? So we have one of each?", he said excitedly, his mood literally doing a 360.

"Yes", Dr. Rease answered.

"Aww a mini Ginuwine and Mariah is in there", Diane said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"You guys are gonna have such beautiful children", Dr. Rease smiled as she turned off the ultrasound machine and wiped the jelly off of Mariah's abdomen.

"We're gonna have a lot of them too", Ginuwine said, causing Mariah to smack his arm.

"I swear he wants to turn me into a baby factory", she laughed as she pulled her shirt down and got off of the exam table.

"Oh I already know I'll definitely be seeing you guys more in the future", Dr. Rease laughed as she walked them out of the exam room.

Mariah was overall relieved and happy to know that her and Ginuwine had a healthy son and daughter in the way. Everything felt like it was finally falling into place for her....at least for now.

💞💞💞

Short chapter, I know.

When do you think Ginuwine should tell Mariah about Janet's pregnancy?

How do you think Mariah will take the news?

Until next time,

M💞