Chapter 37 - A New Hell

August 13, 1999
San Francisco, California

Mariah's Setting

"EAT!", Tommy said as he threw a bag of fast food at Mariah, waking her out of her sleep.

They were still inside of the limo and had been driving since yesterday evening to an unknown destination.

"I'm not hungry", Mariah said, pushing the bag of food away.

"You better start eating or I'll shove it down your fucking throat!", Tommy yelled. "Besides, I know you don't want those little bastards to starve to death", he laughed and pointed at Mariah's baby bump.

"My babies aren't bastards. Why are you doing this to me? I didn't do anything wrong", Mariah said weakly, not looking Tommy in the eyes.

"You did do something wrong. You're a fucking whore. I should've never let your ass get a divorce from me. All you did was go out and start fucking black guys like the dirty slut you are. Now look at you, you're all fat, pregnant, and burned out", he sneered.

"I think you're just mad that I'm with a man that actually loves me and takes care of me", Mariah said as she slowly chewed on the breakfast sausage biscuit she was eating.

She wasn't in the mood to eat but she had to. It had been almost five days since she had eaten and she couldn't keep depriving her growing babies of the nutrients they needed.

"No. I could never be jealous of that motherfucker Ginuwine. You act like I didn't love you when we were together."

"Beating and raping me isn't/wasn't love. I never loved your old ass in the first place. You forced me to marry you", Mariah shot back.

Tommy almost immediately slapped Mariah in her face causing her to choke on the food she was eating.

"Bitch you better remember who the fuck you're talking to", he said to Mariah as she struggled to breathe.

He decided to watch for a few seconds before slapping her hard on her back, making the trapped food fly out of her mouth.

"I should've just let you die but I'm not going to jail over your stupid ass", Tommy joked.

Mariah cried out in pain at the blow she took to her back, a large bruise already beginning to form where he hit her.

"We're finally here. Welcome to your new home honey", Tommy nudged Mariah as the limo pulled into the driveway of a medium-sized mansion.

 Welcome to your new home honey", Tommy nudged Mariah as the limo pulled into the driveway of a medium-sized mansion

It wasn't as big as the first mansion they shared together but it was just as grand.

"No.I'm not going", Mariah cried.

"Yes the fuck you are, now come on", Tommy said as he opened the door for her.

"I said no."

"Bitch...I'm going to give you one more chance. Get the fuck out of the car! NOW!", Tommy screamed in her ear.

"No. I'm not going with y-", Mariah muttered but was silenced when Tommy punched her in her face and began attacking her.

He threw her to the other side of limo where he continued to pummel her.

By the time he finished, her face was a bloody mess, she had bruises all over her arms and legs, and she was barely conscious.

"Take her into the fucking house", Tommy yelled at some guards who then picked Mariah up and carried her into the mansion.

"The next thing I have to do is make her get rid of those damn bastard babies", he said to himself as he watched Mariah's limp body being carried into the house.

Tommy refused to have Mariah walking around him and his home while pregnant with another man's babies. He could care less about them and couldn't wait for them to be aborted.

Ginuwine's Setting
Malibu, California

"Mariah! Mariah!", Ginuwine called out as he walked with California police through the multiple floors of the luxury Malibu hotel Mariah was supposedly staying in.

After three days of being tied to his bed, he finally freed himself and called the police to file a missing persons report for Mariah and to press charges against Janet, who was now in hiding.

He was also treated in the hospital for two broken wrists after escaping from the handcuffs and stitches for his split lip.

Ginuwine was worried sick about Mariah and deeply regretted not coming to California with her. He could've been there to protect her and keep her out of harm's way, now she was in danger....at least he thought.

Ginuwine and the police continued walking the halls of the hotel until they made it to the top floor where they saw something strange.

All of the doors to the rooms were closed except for the room at the end of the hallway.

Ginuwine nearly sprinted down the hallway to get to the room with the police and detectives chasing after him.

When they got inside, they were horrified at what they saw.

"What the hell went on in here?", one of the police officers said as they all looked around at the completely trashed hotel room.

Ginuwine immediately knew that this was Mariah's room because he saw her clothes which were thrown everywhere.

The sheets were ripped of one of the beds and both of the lamps were broken on both sides of the bed. Mariah's personal items and belongings were thrown all around the room and bathroom.

"Oh my god", Ginuwine said as he walked over to the other side of the roon and saw a large blood stain on the sheets of the second bed with a ripped up pair of Mariah's lace panties that were close by.

He immediately knew what happened and started to freak out. The detectives immediately came over and began to take pictures and collect as much evidence as possible.

"What the hell man?! Who would do something like this?", Ginuwine said as his emotions got the best of him to the point where they had to remove him from the room.

"Look we're going to collect as much evidence as possible to so that we can find out what happened to her okay? Everything is going to be okay."

"No it's not okay! Mariah is pregnant and whoever did this could've killed her or our babies. Y'all need to find her now!", Ginuwine said, starting to get mad.

"We're trying our best. We will find her", the police officer said before walking back into the room to collect more evidence.

Ginuwine was now enraged at what he saw in the hotel room but he was more mad at himself for letting Mariah go to California by herself. He could've been there to protect her when she needed him. He felt like he failed her and his babies.

"I'll never forgive myself if her and my babies don't make it back to me in one piece", Ginuwine said to himself as he paced back and forth. He was ready to fight for the love of his life and his children but he had to act fast or he would have neither of them.