Chapter 45 - Seeking Help

September 14, 1999

Ginuwine/ Mariah's Setting

"No mama I don't want to go", Mariah cried as Diane held her hand in the backseat of the car while Ginuwine drove.

Ginuwine and his mother, Diane were taking Mariah to a mental facility after she attempted to commit suicide again by trying to slit her wrists with a butcher knife. 

"I'm sorry Butterfly but you have to go. I don't want you to hurt yourself or the twins", Diane said as she wiped the tears from Mariah's eyes.

Ginuwine was quiet the whole time as he drove. He didn't know how to feel at this point but he knew he was hurting. The love of his life wanted to kill herself and he couldn't even fathom living without her or their twins that were on the way. He knew it would take a while but he wanted Mariah to heal from her traumatic experience so that she could gain back some peace of mind.

"Please don't make me go!", Mariah said as she tried to open the car door but thankfully it was locked.

"Mariah please calm down", Diane said frantically as she gently pulled her away from the door and held her close so that she wouldn't try to do anything else crazy.

After another 20 minutes, Ginuwine pulled into the parking lot of a large white building with rainbow-colored letters that read Sunset Valley Women's Psychiatric Center. He pulled to the front of the building where two nurses in pink uniforms were waiting with a wheelchair.

Ginuwine got out of the car and spoke briefly with the nurses before opening the door so that he could help his mother get Mariah out of the car.

"No! I don't wanna go!", Mariah cried as she tried to resist but Ginuwine pulled her out of the car and helped the nurses get her into the wheelchair. They strapped her in and they all went inside of the building.

"Hello welcome to Sunset Valley Women's Psychiatric Center!", a cheery woman said as Ginuwine and his mother approached the front desk.

"Hi, we're here to sign in Marsha Carson", Ginuwine said as he winked his eye. He decided to use a fake name to protect her privacy while she was there so that the press and paparazzi wouldn't bombard the place while she was trying to heal.

The woman immediately caught on to what he said and looked behind him to see Mariah in the wheelchair.

"Oh yes, we have Ms. Carson's room ready. Since she's on suicide watch, she will be on the first floor and she will need additional care from outside physicians because she's pregnant. Correct?"

"Yes. That's correct."

"Okay, follow me", the woman said as she got up and led them down the hallway to the room Mariah would be staying in for the duration of her treatment.

They keep walking until they stopped at room 136. The woman typed in a code and opened the door to a padded bedroom. The walls and floor were both covered in thick padding and the bed had special sheets and blankets on them so that a person couldn't try to suffocate themself with them. There was a small nightstand without a lamp because it was seen as a hazard.

As soon as Mariah saw the room, she began bawling her eyes out yet again.

"Don't make me stay here!", she cried.

"Can I have a moment with her?", Ginuwine sighed.

The woman nodded and her and Diane left the room.

Ginuwine kneeled in front of the wheelchair Mariah was in so he could be eye level with her.

"Listen Mariah. You have to stay here because I need you to get better. I know you don't want to be here but it's what's best for you. I don't want you to hurt yourself and I want you to be happy again", he said as if he was talking to a child.

"I won't do it again I promise, just let me go home", Mariah pleaded.

"I'm sorry Mariah but I can't do that. You need to get better first. I'll come and visit once the doctor says it's okay. I love you so much", he said as he kissed her cheek.

"No you don't! Please don't leave me here!", Mariah said as she grabbed Ginuwine's hand.

"Mimi...", he sighed and he immediately saw her eyes change. They had seemed to soften when he called her by her nickname. It almost seemed like the real Mariah was trying to surface before her eyes became glossy again.

"I love you....I gotta go", Ginuwine said as he planted a kiss on her stomach before getting up and leaving the room.

"Is she okay?", Diane asked as the headed towards the exit.

"Yeah. She'll be fine", Ginuwine said, trying his best not to get emotional.

They walked out of the building and into the parking lot.

As soon as Ginuwine unlocked the car and got in, he broke down.

"It's okay son. She's gonna get better. I was against taking her to get some help but I see that she really needs it. Butterfly is in good hands", Diane said as she comforted her son.

"What happens if it doesn't work? That man probably scarred her for life", he said trying to get himself together.

"You have to stay positive Ginuwine. Pray and ask for God to watch over her and the babies. It's out of our hands, it's in God's hands", she said.

"I know, I've been praying so hard for her. I'm just ready to get through this and move on", he sighed as he turned on the car.

"You two will get through this. This will only make your love stronger in the end."

💞💞💞

This chapter was hard to write because I was low on ideas.

Drop some ideas y'all. Credit will be given.