Chapter 26 - Open Arms

💕VOTE and COMMENT bbys💕
Your feedback is important
💞Enjoy💞

𝕊𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕣𝕞𝕤
ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕤𝕒𝕪...

June 9, 1999

Author's POV

Ginuwine's Setting

"Damn", Ginuwine said to himself as he watched Mariah's Honey music video on television.

He had been flipping through the stations when he stumbled across her video and just couldn't take his eyes off of it

He had been flipping through the stations when he stumbled across her video and just couldn't take his eyes off of it. It was one of his favorites by Mariah, especially because she wrote the song about him.

That was almost 2 years ago and their relationship had changed so much since then, but Ginuwine never stopped loving her the same way he did when first saw her. Even though they had their ups and downs and sometimes they hurt each other, they both knew deep down inside that they would be together forever.

Ginuwine continued watching the music video until it went off and was about to go make himself some food when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?", he called out as he walked towards the door.

"It's M-Mariah."

Almost instantly, a smile appeared on his face at the sound of her voice.

"I'm sorry I didn't call you before I came. I can leave if you're busy", Mariah said quickly and nervously as he opened the door.

"Mariah....come on now, you're welcome in my apartment any time and I don't even know why you knocked if you have a key. Now get your fine ass in here", he laughed as he stepped out of the way so she could walk in.

They both went to the living room and sat down next to each other.

"I'm about to go make some food. You want some?", Ginuwine asked.

"N-No I'm fine", Mariah smiled weakly which caused Ginuwine to frown.

"What's wrong Mimi?"

"Well...um...I-I have to tell you something", she said.

"What is it?"

"P-Please promise that you won't be mad at me. I-I honestly didn't know this would happen", Mariah said trying to keep her tears from flowing.

"Mariah I'm not going to get mad. Just please tell me. I don't like seeing you upset like this", he said as he rubbed her back.

"I-I'm.......I'm pregnant", she mumbled as she turned away from him and started crying.

"Really? Is it mine?", Ginuwine asked in shock.

"O-Of course the baby is yours. You were the only man I was with. Why would you ask me a question like that?", Mariah sniffled.

"I'm sorry Mariah but I can't believe this. I thought you couldn't get pregnant."

"I got the surgery shortly after we broke up because Dr. Rease recommended that I get it now if I wanted to have the chance to have another child. I was going to tell you about it that night you came over but I got caught in the heat of passion with you and well...you know what happened next", Mariah said as she pulled the two pregnancy tests out of her purse and gave them to Ginuwine.

He looked at the tests and saw that both of them were positive and immediately began grinning really hard.

"So this means imma be a daddy?", he said looking at her.

"Y-Yeah."

"Oh babygirl. Thank you thank you thank you", he said as he pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank you for being happy about it because I know I am. You know how much I've been wanting a baby", Mariah cried.

"Now I know what I have to do", Ginuwine said as they pulled apart from each other.

"What do you mean?", Mariah asked.

"I have to marry you. My parents wouldn't be happy if we had our child out of wedlock", Ginuwine said as he rested his hand on her flat stomach.

"But Ginuwine....I-...I don't know about this."

"What do you mean? Don't you love me?", he asked.

"Yes. I love you soo much but there are some things that we need to work on before we get married. These last few months have been rocky between us and I just want to make sure that we can be the best we can be for each other and our baby."

"You have a point Mariah but we have to stop delaying the inevitable. I'm marrying your fine self and you're gonna be my wife. Nobody else can love me like you do babygirl", he said, looking deep into her eyes.

"I know you're going to marry me, I just think there are a few things that we need to tighten up on before we make that step. I don't want our marriage to start off bad."

"Well for starters, you need to get rid of your little lesbian tendencies and tell Janet she needs to find someone elses fiance to fuck and not mine", Ginuwine said.

"And you need to stop smoking weed because I smell it everywhere in here. You know I don't like when you smoke Ginuwine and you're not going to have that around our baby", Mariah shot back with laughter.

"Smoking weed helps with my anger Mariah. It calms me down and I would never have that around my baby", he sighed.

"You mean our baby?"

"Girl you know what I mean", Ginuwine said as he pulled Mariah down onto the couch and started kissing her stomach.

"Stop Ginuwine, I know what you're trying to do", she said as she pushed him away.

"It ain't even like that. I'm pretty sure Janet handled you this morning", Ginuwine sneered.

"Ginuwine...I haven't done anything sexual with Janet for months now. She's upset because she knows I'm talking to you. Wait until she finds out I'm pregnant", Mariah sighed in annoyance.

"You being pregnant with my baby is none of her business."

"I know but she can get crazy at times", Mariah said uneasily.

"Don't worry about her. I got you and this going to be a stress free pregnancy because you gon have this baby", Ginuwine said as started kissing her stomach again.

"I love you....you know that right", Mariah smiled.

"You better! I ain't put this baby in you for nothing", Ginuwine laughed.

All was finally well between the two...for now...

What y'all think about the chapter?👀

Are you guys excited for Mariah's pregnancy?👶🏽🍼

Leave suggestions of what you want to see next.

Until next time,

M💖