Chapter 9 - Therapy

August 14, 1998

Author's POV

💙Ginuwine's Setting💙

"Mr. Haughton you seem much happier since our last meeting. What's been going on?", Sylvia, Ginuwine's therapist, smiled as she got out his paperwork.

"I have some really exciting news", Ginuwine beamed.

"What is it?"

"Mariah and I are back together. I can't believe she gave me a second chance", he said excitedly.

"Wow! That's really good. I can tell she really makes you happy. Your whole attitude has completely changed."

"She's my everything and I don't wanna mess it up this time. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hurt her again."

"As long as you use the different techniques that I've informed you about, you shouldn't have any further blackouts", Sylvia said.

"I know and they've been helping me out a lot. I don't feel as angry as I used to and I've been trying not to let the smallest things get under my skin."

"That's good. What are you looking forward to now that you and Mariah are back together?"

"I really want to settle down with her…for real this time. I want us to get married and start having children. I'm going to be thirty-one this year and I thought I would've had some kids by now", Ginuwine chuckled. "I just don't know how Mariah would feel about that, especially after losing our first baby. I kinda feel like that was my fault."

"Why is that?", Sylvia asked as she started writing down some notes.

"I was the one that wanted her to get pregnant and at the time, Mariah didn't really want any kids. I remember when she first found out she was pregnant and she cried so hard because she was scared. I felt bad because I knew that she only did it to make me happy."

"I think you guys should take it slow. You just got back together so you guys should probably take some time to get used to each other again."

"I know but I just wanna make sure she's mine. I want her to be my wife and have my kids. I just don't want her to leave me again."

"If you treat her right she won't", Sylvia said.

"I know but there's still that doubt in the back of my mind."

"Ginuwine you can't worry about that. The best thing you can do is love and cherish her everyday."

"I know", he sighed.

"Why won't you bring her with you to your next appointment and we can all talk", Sylvia suggested.

"That's sounds like a good idea", Ginuwine said still feeling uncertain.

He was serious about not losing Mariah again. He wanted to make sure she really wanted to be with him and that she loved him and there was only one way he would find out…..