Chapter 28 - Is It Scary?

💞Hey bbys! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT. I love hearing your feedback💞

💕💜Enjoy💜💕

June 14, 1999

Author's POV

Mariah's Setting

The drive home from Janet's penthouse was a long one for Mariah. She had to come to terms with losing yet another friend due to being in love with Ginuwine. Everything that Janet said during their argument was painfully true and it had Mariah thinking long and hard about the dynamics of her and Ginuwine's relationship.

To be completely honest, it was an overall unhealthy one. They couldn't even stay together for even a months at a time without breaking up and Ginuwine's anger amd violence issues only made things more complicated.

"What am I doing with my life?", Mariah said to herself as she pulled in into Ginuwine's apartment complex.

She turned the car off and just sat there, getting lost in her thoughts.

She thought about all the times Ginuwine beat her, tried to rape her, and humiliated her. Mariah knew very well that all of Ginuwine's inner truths would come out when he blacked-out and had anger episodes.

"I love him soo much though. I know that real Ginuwine is still in there somewhere. The one that is kind and gentle, not mean and abusive", she whispered to herself as a tear rolled down her cheek.

After a few more minutes of sulking, Mariah finally got herself together and made her way up to Ginuwine's apartment.

"Hey babygirl, you ready to eat?", Ginuwine said as Mariah walked through the door.

"Um...actually I'm not really hungry but thanks for asking", Mariah smiled weakly and tried to make it upstairs to get ready for bed but Ginuwine stopped her.

"Is everything okay? You need to eat Mariah, my baby is probably hungry", he said as put his hand on her still-flat stomach.

"Ginuwine I'm fine okay? Just let me go to bed. I've had a long day and I'm tired", Mariah sighed deeply causing Ginuwine's face to change.

"You weren't tired before you left. Did you have sex with that dyke again? If you're a fucking lesbian, just let me know so I can get another lightskin bitch to take your place. It's not like your ass is black anyways", Ginuwine said as he roughly pushed Mariah to the side and walked back into the living room.

As soon as he walked away, she immediately broke down in tears.

"That's why I don't want to marry you anyways", she yelled.

"The fuck you say?", Ginuwine shot back as he stormed back into the room. From the look on his face Mariah could already tell that he had blacked out and there was nothing she could do about.

"G-Ginuwine I-", she said before she was violently pushed onto the floor.

"You said you didn't want to marry me?! Huh?!", he yelled in her face as he got on top of her.

"Stop it! You're going to hurt the baby", Mariah screamed as he put all of his weight on her.

"Shut the hell up! I know you're sleeping with that damn dyke. Imma give you something to make you straight again", he growled as pushed her skirt up and ripped her panties off, causing her to scream louder.

"Ginuwine pleasee stop! Stop it! Please don't hurt my baby!", Mariah begged as Ginuwine undid his jeans.

"You need to learn a fucking lesson!", he screamed in her face as he grabbed her neck and forced himself into her core causing Mariah to yell out in agony.

He violently thrusted himself into Mariah over and over again until he pulled out of her and released his load all over her face and chest.

"Now that's a taste of being straight", he said coldy as he watched her choke and spit out his some of his load.

He got up and kicked her in her side before walking out of the room.

"Ahhhhhh", Mariah screamed as she woke up from her sleep.

"Shhh it's okay Mariah", Ginuwine said softly as he held her.

"Get away from me!", Mariah yelled as she rolled over but ended up falling out of the bed.

"Mariah! Oh my God! Are you okay?", he said as he got and went to her side of the bed.

"Leave me alone! You know what you did to me!", Mariah said as she started crying.

"Babygirl, I don't know what you're talking about. You must've had a nightmare or something", Ginuwine frowned.

"Move! Get awayy!", she cried as she pushed him away.

He could see the fear in her eyes as she stared at him in horror.

"Mariah I don't know what happened in your nightmare, but you know that I would never hurt you. I don't want you to be scared of me", he said softly as he came closer to her.

Ginuwine pulled her into a hug and just let her cry.

"Are you scared of me?", he asked but he got no response.

It hurt him to know that his past behavior affected Mariah in such a way that she started having nightmares about him. He hadn't had an anger episode in over a year due to going his therapy appointments, taking his medication, and smoking weed, which especially calmed him down.

After a few minutes of his reassurance, Mariah finally stopped crying and finally spoke.

"I-I'm sorry", she said.

"There's no need to be sorry babygirl. I just don't want you to be scared of me. I'm a changed man, I would never hurt you or our baby", he said placing his hand on her stomach.

"I'm ready to go back to bed", she said looking up at him.

They both got up, got back in bed, pulled the covers over them.

Ginuwine pulled Mariah closer to him which caused her to tense up and then relax.

He could tell something still wasn't quite right with her and he was going to find out what it was but for now he needed some much-needed sleep.

What did you all think of the chapter?👀

Do you guys think Janet influenced the way Mariah thinks of Ginuwine?

What do you want to happen next? I'm open to any suggestions🤗

Until next time,

M💞