Chapter 31 - 1st Strike

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT💞
Like before, please pay close attention to this chapter.

💖Enjoy💖

July 25, 1999

Author's POV

Mariah's Setting

"I was all by myself for the for the longest time, so cold inside
And the hurt from my heartache would not subside, I felt like dying
Until you saved my life", Mariah sung as she swayed back and forth in the booth.

She was finally back in the studio recording after a few days of horrible morning sickness due to pregnancy, but was now feeling much better.

The deadline for her album was coming soon and she still had a few songs that needed to be finished before then. The song she was currently working on was titled 'Thank God I Found You' , which was a duet between her and Ginuwine.

[A/N: Song in media]

The song talked about their unconditional love for each other and that even though they had their ups and downs, they were ultimately soulmates and would be together forever.

Ginuwine had already recorded his parts of the song but had to leave early to attend an important meeting with his manager so Mariah was now in the studio by herself recording her parts.

"Thank God I found you (Yeah yeah)
I was lost without you (I was lost)
My every wish and every dream
Somehow became reality
When you brought the sunlight
Completed my whole life
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude
'Cause baby I'm so thankful I found you", she continued to sing as she stared off into the darkness. She always liked for all of the lights to be off whenever she sang in the booth.

Mariah soon finished recording and was now exhausted. She had poured her heart and soul into every word she sang in the song, wanting Ginuwine to get a clear message of how much he meant to her.

"I'm going to need some hot tea with honey after all of this singing", Mariah said to herself as she grabbed her songbook and walked out of the soundproof recording booth.

As soon as she walked out she heard clapping and then the lights came on, revealing Tommy.

Mariah's eyes nearly bulged out of her head as she hurriedly pulled her jacket around her to cover her baby bump.

"T-Tommy what are you doing here?", Mariah said.

"What do you mean 'what am I doing here', I own this whole building. Why would I not be here?", he deadpanned.

"Look, I don't have time for the games. I'm trying to put the finishing touches on this song so can you leave please?", Mariah said as she walked past him.

"No, I can't. I need to talk to you", he said as he came closer to her.

"About what?", she said annoyed.

"Look....I know you're pregnant. I just wanted to say congratulations", he said as he touched her stomach, causing Mariah to swat his hand away.

"Don't you ever touch me again!", Mariah yelled. She wanted Tommy nowhere near her or her unborn children.

"Hey, I'm sorry", he said as he put his hands up in defense.

"Get out! I don't want you anywhere near me and I never want to see you again!", Mariah yelled, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Remember, bitch you're still mine until that damn contract ends. I would watch my back if I were you", he said coldly before leaving the room.

As soon as the door closed, Mariah started hyperventilating. Just when she thought she'd never see Tommy again, he'd just pop out of nowhere.

How the hell does he know that I'm pregnant?, Mariah thought to herself, which caused her to panic even more. Only two people knew that she was expecting and that was Ginuwine and Janet. She knew that the both of them wouldn't tell anyone so how did he find out?

Tears flowed down Mariah's cheeks as her thoughts went wild. Now that Tommy knew she was pregnant, he was most likely going to use it against her by trying his best to inhibit the success of her upcoming album 'Rainbow'.

"This all too much. I'm not supposed to be stressing at all", Mariah said to herself as she rested her hand on her small baby bump.

If Mariah thought she was stressed now, then she was nowhere near prepared on what was on it's way in the future. The worst was yet to come....

💔💔💔

Okay so I know this was a short chapter but this leads in the start of some major drama that could possibly get someone hurt.....so be ready😬

Until next time,

M💞

Despondency (Sequel To Sweetheart)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें