Chapter 48 - Love Me Back

October 4, 1999

Ginuwine/ Mariah's Setting

"Hi I'm here to see Marsha Carson", Ginuwine said as he approached the front desk at Sunset Valley Women's Institution. Today he was going to surprise Mariah.

After almost two weeks of determination, Mariah finally made it off of suicide watch and was moved to the third floor of the facility where she would be receiving the rest of her treatment.

"She's in room 317", the woman at the front desk smiled.

"Thanks", Ginuwine said and quickly made his way over to the elevators.

The doors opened and he pressed the button for the third floor.

As soon as he got off of the elevator, he literally ran down the hallway to Mariah's room. He was so excited to see her.

He slowly opened the door to her room and saw that she was sitting in a chair facing the large window that was in her room, singing to her baby bump.

"Mommy loves you, Mommy loves you", she sang over and over.

Ginuwine closed the door, which startled Mariah causing her to turn around quickly.

"Ginuwine?", Mariah whispered trying to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"It's me babygirl", he smiled as he came closer to her.

"Oh my god!", Mariah nearly screamed as she got out the chair and waddled over to him. "I missed you so much!"

Ginuwine pulled her into a tight hug as he kissed her forehead.

"I missed you too Mimi", he smiled as he looked her up and down. She overall looked happier and was glowing from the pregnancy.

"Come sit down", Mariah said as she waddled over to her bed and sat down.

"I have some goodies for you", Ginuwine said as he came and sat next to her.

He opened the bag he brought with him and pulled out a bowl that was filled with warm mac n cheese, Mariah's favorite food.

"Oh my god! Thanks baby!", Mariah said excitedly as she nearly snatched the bowl out of his hand. "The food here is so bleak."

Ginuwine gave her a fork and sat and watched as she began to devour the food.

"You like it?", he laughed.

"Hell yeah. This tastes so good right now", she said stuffing her face with macaroni.

Ginuwine smiled as he focused his eyes on her baby bump which had gotten bigger since he last saw it.

"How are my babies doing?", he asked as he began rubbing circles on her belly.

"Dr. Rease said they were doing just fine. She said that the babies are big enough for us to find out their genders", Mariah smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I want you to be there for it", Mariah said as she continued eating.

"Of course I'll be there babygirl. Just let me know what date the appointment is", he said.