Chapter 29 - The First Appointment

💖Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT💖
💞Enjoy💞

July 19, 1999

Author's POV

Mixed Setting

"Awww I finally get to see my favorite couple again", Dr. Rease said excitedly as she walked into the examination room where Ginuwine and Mariah were.

Today was Mariah's very first prenatal appointment for her pregnancy and she was very excited but worried at the same.

"I'm happy we're finally back", Ginuwine said as he grinned hard.

"I'm really nervous", Mariah said uneasily. She just hoped that this time would go as planned.

"Everything is going to be fine Ms. Mariah. You're in good hands, now what I do need to know is when was the last time you had your cycle?", Dr. Rease asked.

"Umm I think it was the last week of April."

"Okay so that most likely means you were ovulating by the time you conceived your baby. Lay back and lift up your shirt so we can take a closer look", Dr. Rease said as she turned on the ultrasound machine.

Ginuwine took Mariah's hand in his and intertwined their fingers as he waited in anticipation.

Dr. Rease squirted some clear gel on Mariah's growing abdomen and began to move the probe around until she found what she was looking for.

She stared at the screen and moved the probe around some more before finally speaking.

"So I have some good news and some bad news", she said.

"Oh my god! Is something wrong?", Mariah asked, scared out of her mind.

"Well it depends. Which news do you want to hear first?"

"We wanna hear the bad news first", Ginuwine said.

"Well...the bad news is that Mariah will most likely be gaining a lot of weight because the good news is that she's pregnant with twins", Dr. Rease smiled.

"Twins?!", Ginuwine and Mariah said at the same time in shock.

"Yes you guys are having twins", she chuckled. "Here's baby A and there's Baby B. They are fraternal which means they came from two separate eggs."

Ginuwine and Mariah looked at the screen in awe at their tiny babies.

"You're eight weeks and 3 days pregnant which means you'll be due sometime in March of next year", Dr. Rease smiled as she continued moving the probe over Mariah's small baby bump.

"Wow so that means that the babies could possibly be born on Mariah's birthday/anniversary?", Ginuwine said in excitement.

"Yes that could be very possible", Dr. Rease said as she turned off the ultrasound machine and wiped the gel off of Mariah's abdomen. "So far every looks fine and healthy. I'm going to prescribe some prenatal vitamins for you just like last time."

"Okay. How many extra calories do I have to eat this time?", Mariah asked.

"Well since you have two babies this time, you will need to eat an additional 600 calories per day which is 300 calories per baby."

"I'll make sure she gets what she needs", Ginuwine said as he stood up and helped Mariah off of the table.

"This was a great appointment and I'm so happy to see you guys again. I'm really glad the surgery worked for you Mariah", Dr. Rease said as she opened the door.

"I'm glad it worked too! See you soon", Mariah said as her and Ginuwine walked out of the room.

They left the doctors office and as soon as they got to the car, Mariah started crying tears of joy.

"Thank you God for blessing us with two babies", she cried as she grabbed Ginuwine's hand.

"I can definitely say we made up for lost time", he smiled as he placed his hand on her small baby bump.

All seemed well between Ginuwine and Mariah and they were more than ready to finally become parents.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Wow...believe it not, but I had a tough time writing this chapter🤣

Are you all excited for Mariah's pregnancy?

What should happen next? The next chapter will be dedicated and credited to whoever comes up with the best idea🤗👀

Until Next Time,

M💞