Chapter 23: Fixing old ties

~(Y/N)'s POV~

The trip back to school was quiet, I sat beside my brother in silence. Neither one of us had to say anything to know had the other felt, bring up the past meant the memories became fresh with it. When we arrived we all went to our classroom and began our day, a little later then other students.

"All right, listen!! It's time for this morning's homeroom period! Take your seats!" Iida yelled from the front of the classroom, "We are in our seats, you're the one who's not." Sero piped up. The door to our classroom opened to reveal a mummified Mr Aizawa, "Morning." "Mr Aizawa, your all ready back?!!!"Someone called out. Iida raised his hand, as Mr Aizawa walked over to the front of the classroom, "Sensei, You're all right!!" Iida yelled out. I just looked at our teacher, I still had bandages as well, just not as many. "Can you really call that 'all right'...?" Ochaco asked to no one in particular.

"Don't concern yourselves over me. After all, the battle hasn't really ended for you yet." I tensed and stared at our teacher, what does he mean...? "The battle?" Katsuki started. "You don't mean..." Izuku voice held small traces of worry. "MORE VILLAINS?!!" and Mineta was just pure terrified . "U.A's sports festival is approaching boys and girls!" I sighed in relief along with my brother. A few people were excited? I guess, others were confused. "Wait, hold up! That sounds like something villains would try to infiltrate... isn't it? Will it be all right?" My classmate had a point, with everything that's going on is it really a good idea.

"On the contrary: since we're going ahead with h the festival, it means that the school is confident it has all it's ducks in a row when it comes to crisis control now. I hear police presence will be five times bigger then normal, for example. What you should be thinking about is... What a huge chance the academy's sports festival presents for you all." I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the classes convictions. "Your worried again." I snapped my head around to my brother and sighed. "I can't help it... If Hiyori's out of the field for now then Miko... and what if they do get into the sports festival? What do we do then? Their will be civilians there..." My brother placed his hand on my shoulder, "calm down there (Y/N). They're going to have extra security so everything will be fine." I rested my head in my hands and sighed. "Yeah... Still I'm not letting my guard down and nor should you." He nodded.

Soon the fourth period class ended, I was exhausted, as my sleeping habits have only gotten worst now that the past has come back into our lives. I looked around the classroom everyone was excited, almost like the events at the USJ never happened. My eyes trailed over to Izuku, Ochaco and Iida, and boy did the look on Ochaco's face look scary. She looked so serious and it didn't really suit her the way her cheerful, bright smile did. I let out a small laugh and then looked back down at my desk.

"You okay (N/N)?" I looked up at my brother who was standing beside Shoto. Both looking slightly concerned, I waved my hand in dismissal. "Yeah... Just thinking..." Haikari placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled, "Everything is going to be fine..." I looked out the window, "Maybe for us... But Hiyori and Miko... their stuck there with that... bastard. I... Just want to know their safe." I felt the familiar drop of water role down my cheek, I quickly stood up and wiped them away. "I'm gonna go to the roof... I'll talk to you two later..." I throw my bag over my shoulder and made my way up to the top of the building.

~Katsuki's POV~

I watched as (Y/N) walk out of the classroom and towards the roof. I debated on following her, I felt kind of... bad about everything I told her and did to her in the past. I remembered back when we were younger (Y/N) and Haikari were like the siblings I never had... We were close. But at some point they drifted away, became distant. Now I know why. I was angry that they choose to distance themselves from me, that they didn't seem to want to be friends anymore. So I became cruel towards them. I sighed and head towards the roof following the (H/C) haired girl to her destination.

When I reached the roof I heard small sobs and sniffles from the other side of the door. I opened it to see (Y/N) sitting down with her head buried in her knees. "G-go away Kari..." I let out a 'tch' and she jumped a little before her head shoot up, Her red and (E/C) eyes locking with mine. "K-Katsuki...? W-What are you d-doing up here?" Her eyes were wide, small tears still rolled down her face. I sighed and sat down beside her and looked up at the sky. "I saw you leave the classroom, I wanted to make sure you were... Okay." She seemed surprised, she placed a hand on my forehead, "Are you okay? Are you sick?" My eyebrow twitched a little and I slapped her hand away from my head, "What makes you think I'm sick?!" I yelled a little.

She raised an eyebrow, "Umm... Maybe the fact that you haven't cared about my feelings or talked to me like that since we were kids..." I sighed and looked down, "Yeah... I know. I was just angry..." (Y/N) shrugged, "What's new?" I glared at her a little and she wave her hands up in surrender, "kidding. Anyway why were you angry?" I looked back up at the clear blue sky and closed my eyes. "After you and Haikari got your quirks you became... distant. I figure you just didn't want to be friends anymore and It hurt. You and Haikari were like the little brother and sister I never had, so for you to just suddenly not be there..." I looked over at her, Sorrow and pain filled her eyes, the look told me how sorry she was for the past.

She sighed, "We didn't really have a choice and when we did... You wouldn't exactly let us talk. I just got tired of dragging people down with me and you and Izuku deserved to live your life without being affected by mine." She turned to me and gave me a smile, "I'm sorry I hurt you and I know Haikari is to. I... Don't really know what else I can say except I'm sorry, truly" I gave her a small smile, "It's fine..." I held out my hand, "How about we start over..." She gave me a grin, "Sure!" She grabbed my hand. "Now back to my first question, Are you okay?" She looked up towards the sky and gave me a small nod, "Yeah... I'm just worried about my brothers and I have had the past on my mind lately so I haven't really been able to sleep well." I was about to say something else when the roof door opened.

"Okay I'm done hearing all this sappy stuff from you two." Haikari walked out with a giant grin on his face, (Y/N) sighed. "How much did you hear?" Haikari's grin shrunk a little, "All of it... I came up here just after Katsuki walked on to the roof and don't worry I told Todoroki I check up on you so he's waiting in the cafeteria." He turn to me, a smile still on his face, "I'm sorry about everything as well Katsuki... Do really want to start over and be friends?" I could hear the small amount of hope in his voice, I sighed and nodded, "Now that I understand the situation, Yes." Both the twins smiled at me.

"Good to have you back Katsuki!"