Chapter 65: Blue flames and black smoke

The next morning, Camp was really in swing. Everyone was was training with their quirks. Haikari and I were working on strengthening the part of our elemental quirk that we don't really use. Nothing really interesting happened. Sure, I had to explain where I was to the others when I had disappeared, but I left out most of the details. Especially the part of me dieing.

So far camp had been great, the only disappointing thing was that Shoto had been quiet. This fact hurt. I don't know if what I heard when I was unconscious was really what Shoto said or just something my mind had made up, but I know that I need to fix this. I don't... I can't deal with this. I can't lose Shoto, not know. So, I decided to try and talk to him. Though it was easier said then done. Between training and activities that the pro heroes were handing out, I didn't get the chance.

That evening, we were instructed to do 'the test of courage'. which is why Haikari and myself were now wondering through the trees. "How are you holding up?" I asked my brother. Haikari forced a smile, "I'm fine..." I stopped, grabbing my brother's shoulders. "Don't lie to me. Please, it's bad  enough that Shoto won't talk to me. I can't have you shutting me out too." Haikari's lip quivered, eyes glossing over. In moments, my brother leaped at me.

"W...When I felt you slipped away. I felt it. It felt like I was losing part of myself with you... You are my best friend, (N/N). I...If I lost you... I don't know what I'd do." I rested my head on his, holding his shaking body close to me. I'm not sure how long we spent just standing there, but eventually Haikari calm down. The two of us forgot about the camp, about the activity, and just sat, talking about everything. Every problem, doubt and fear that had come out during the time we had been in U.A. The world seemed to fade. Then I saw the blue leaping into the sky.

Panic surged through both Haikari and myself. Flames were spreading through the trees, smoke turning the beautiful night sky black. "We need to move." Haikari's voice was serious. I nodded, anymore talk of our emotions would have to wait. "Yeah, I doubt this is part of the camp." The two of us began to move. trying to head further into the trees. We tried to use our quirk in order to put out the fire, but we could only manage to weaken it.  I was worried about our classmates. My thoughts were pulled from those thoughts when an explosion sounded in the distance. 

I glanced at my brother, grabbing hold of his arm, teleporting us into a tree. This let us get a better view. The moment we saw the ice, explosions and the strange villain, Haikari and I seemed to have to the same idea. "Sora." A boy appear in the tree above us. "Ai." A young girl appeared beside him. Haikari and shared a final look. Counting down before we leapt into the small clearing. "Unmei/Hoshi!!"

I fired of an arrow, while Haikari fired of his gun. The shot forcing the villain to back up a little bit. We landed on the ground in front of our classmate. Weapons aimed at the villain in front of us. "Looks like you boys could use a hand."