Chapter 35: More fights

~(Y/N)'s POV~

The next match was Shoto vs Sero. I sat in the audience with the rest of our class waiting for the match to begin. "How are you feeling, (N/N)?" I looked over and smiled at my brother, "I'm fine, Kari. A little shaken up after earlier but what can you do?" My brother sighed. Before he could ask anymore question President Mic's voice played over the speakers, "SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING FOLKS!! NEXT UP, IT'S THESE TWO!" Our heads turned towards the arena as Shoto and Sero walked out.

"HE'S TURNED IN AN EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE TO MAKE THIS FAR, AND YET, WHAT'S WITH THAT PLAIN JANE EXPRESSION?! DOES IT EVER COME OFF?! SERO HANTA OF THE HEROICS DEPARTMENT!!" I looked towards Shoto, He looked absolutely pissed, "VERSUS!! YOU WHO STAND AT THE TOP OF THE TOP!! HE WHO IS WAY TOO DAMN STRONG!" I laughed a little at the way Shoto was described, "FROM THE SELFSAME DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS. TODOROKI SHOTO!!" I looked at Shoto's expression, I began to worrying about Sero's well-being.

Sero was the first to attack, launching his tape at Shoto, "Oh gods." I mumbled under my breath. Much as I had imaged Shoto went to attack, "DUCK!!" I called out to everyone sitting in the line of fire, They all heeded my warning as Shoto's ice froze half the damn stadium. I sighed and jumped on to the ice, sliding down to the arena after Midnight announced Shoto was the winner. "(L/N)? What are you doing?" I gave Midnight a smile and placed my hands on the ice, "Figured I'd help break the ice, so the matches continue sooner." The female hero gave me a nod. 

I turned towards Shoto, His eyes seemed to hold shame, his anger dieing down a little. "I'm sorry I overdid it. I was just a little pissed." I looked towards my friend in concern. After we had finished melting the ice, Shoto walked away, I followed him. He didn't seem to notice, until I grabbed His arm, "Shoto...Are you okay?" He was silent, his body was tense. I looked at him with sad eyes, Without hesitation I wrapped my arms around him from behind. "It's okay... You can talk to me. We're friends right?" I heard Shoto sigh, "I ran into my father before my match." I tensed a little and held him a little tighter. "Do you want to just talk for a bit? Get some stuff off your chest?" Shoto gave me a small nod and I led him to a small, quiet room. 

We both sat in there and talked, Shoto seemed to relax and calm down after awhile. We missed Kaminari and Iida's matches, but chose to go and watch Haikari's. We sat in silence as Ashido skated around on her acid. Haikari wasn't having any real trouble though, he used the air to evade, the earth to block and his light to temperately blind Ashido and cause her to stumble out of bounds. Midnight announced Haikari as the winner and he help Ashido stand and guided her out of the arena. I smiled, "That's my brother..." My eyes went wide, "Crap!" I stood up quickly and turned towards the door, "I forgot my match!" I heard a few of my friend laugh behind me as I bolted down the halls.

I reached the entrance to the arena, just in time to have President Mic announce my entrance. "VERSE! THE MYSTERIOUS GIRL, WHO TOOK ON A VILLAIN ALL ON HER OWN. (L/N) (Y/N)!" I walked out and sweat dropped a little. There in the middle of the arena stood Yaoyorozu. I smiled and got into a fighting stance. "Start!" I ran at my opponent as my body erupted in a warm red coloured flame. Yaoyorozu seemed a little startled but pulled out a shield in hopes of blocking my attacks. I smirked as I was forced to jump back a bit. Using the water in the air, I created a whip around my hand. "I'm going to end this now." The whip wrapped around her ankle and with a flick of my wrist Yaoyorozu was out of bounds. "(L/N) wins!" I smiled and held out my hand to which Yaoyorozu accepted and I pulled her to her feet.

I left the arena and sighed before heading back to Shoto and Haikari to watch the remaining matches. Kirishima's fight ended in a draw. I watched with concern as the next participants were announced. "IT'S THE LAST MATCH OF THE FIRST ROUND..." My grip tightened on my pants, my eyes never left the arena, "THE BOY WHO'S BEEN SOMEWHAT FAMOUS SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL!! BUT THAT FACE AIN'T THE FACE OF A KID ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW! BAKUGOU KATSUKI OF THE  DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS!! VERSUS THE KID I'LL BE ROOTING FOR!! URARAKA OCHACO, OF HEROICS AS WELL!" 

Hopefully this ended well.