chapter 30: Sports festival begins!

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Another week passed and today was the U.A sports festival! Miko and Hiyori are going to stay home and watch me and Haikari from the comfort of a couch. I was excited, this was going to be fun. "Everyone, are your preparations complete?! We're set to enter in no time!" Iida called out to our class, not that it appeared anyone was really listening. Some of my classmates were complaining because they weren't allowed to wear their costumes.

I was happily talking to my brother, when Shoto caught the class's attention. "Midoriya." his voice held little emotion. Izuku turned to my duel haired friend, this could be interesting. "What is it Todoroki...?" The green hair boy questioned, Todoroki continued. "On an objective basis I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength." I'm pretty sure the class was slightly surprised by this statement as much as we all know it was true. "Wha?! Ah, uh, yeah..." Izuku was definitely caught off guard. I watch, prepared to step in if I had to.

"You've managed to get All Might's eyes on you, right? I feel no need to pry into that but... I'm going to beat you." I smiled a little, I wasn't worried... at least not overly worried. I trusted Shoto not to do anything stupid to Izuku. "Oho?! What's this? A declaration of war from the strongest kid in the class?!!" Kaminari, I believe, spoke up. "What's with the belligerence all of a sudden?! Don't spring this on right him right before-" Kirashima tried to place his hand on Shoto's shoulder, but he shrugged it, "I'm not here to play nice and make friends, But whatever." I was a little hurt by this statement, but I knew he didn't mean it, at least when it came to our friendship.

Izuku looked down a little, "I have no idea what you want from me... Telling me all that... You're definitely stronger than me... I think the vast majority of people are probably no match for you... looking at it objectively." I look over at my old friend with sad eyes, think about the many years he spent quirkless. "C'mon Midoriya don't be so negative..." Kirashima said nervously. "Even so...!!" Izuku's sudden outburst surprised most of the class. "Everyone- Even kids from other departments are aiming for the top with all their might! So not even I... Can just let myself lag behind the rest!" Izuku spoke with the determination I always knew was there, even if he was a nervous wreak half the time, "So I'm going to go for it  with all my might too!"

I smiled and looked over at Haikari, who had his own huge grin. After that we all walked out and into the stadium, All of us were determined to do our best. I'm going for the top as well, I  hope you'd be proud of me mum... I wish you were still here. "THE U.A SPORTS FESTIVAL!! WHERE THE WORLD'S INCHOATE LITTLE EGGS AIM FOR EACH OTHER'S THROATS- AND THE TOP! OUR GRAND YEARLY MELEE!!" I hear President Mic and couldn't help but giggle a little as he continue, "AND LET ME GUESS, ALL YOU MISCREANTS CAME TO SEE THEM RIGHT?? THE FRESHLY FORMED MIRACLE STARS THAT SHRUGGED OFF A MASS VILLAIN ASSAULT WITH WILLS OF STEEL! THE DEPARTMENT OF HEROICS FRESHMAN CLASS!!!" Our class walked out in full view of thousands of people, "YOU'RE HERE FOR CLASS 1A RIGHT?!!"

I looked around at all the people watching us and smiled a little nervously, moving closer to Haikari, "This reminds me of the matches dad made us fight in." I whisperer in a hushed tone so only he could hear, Kari nodded, "Yeah... but try not to think of it to much. We don't need you losing it in the middle of the festival." I pouted a little, "I'm not that bad." Haikari raised an eyebrow, I sighed, "Fine, I'll keep my quirks in check." My brother seemed satisfied with that, "You know that means I'm gonna be basically emotionless for this whole thing." My brother sighed, "Yeah we both will, it is how we were trained."

We reached the centre of the field where Midnight, an R-rated hero, said a few thing then called up the rep for our grade I guess. "Bakugou Katsuki of 1A!!" I looked at my brother a little worried, Izuku seemed to be thinking the same thing, "EHHHH?! Our representative is Kacchan?!" Okay... maybe Izuku was a little more in shock then I thought. I forgot he got the top score in the entrance exam... Most of 1A held their breath as Katsuki started to speak, "Sensei. I'm gonna place first." From behind me I heard Kirashima say something like, "Ah man, I knew he was gonna...!" The rest of the students who weren't in our class started to 'boo' and complain, etc... Midnight continued, "Ah... thank you for that and now two more representatives from the recommendations. (L/N) (Y/N) and (L/N) Haikari  also from 1A!"

I looked over at my brother, who nodded. we put on our emotionless personas and walked on to the stage. " Thank you all for coming. We hope that this sports festival will be great and that you all enjoy the show." I began, Haikari continued, "And we'd like to wish every student luck in the upcoming events and may the best win." We both looked over Midnight and walked of the stage and back to our class. The other students seemed a little surprised we weren't as full of ourselves as Katsuki, but our class just smiled at us and sighed in relief. Haikari and I stay emotionless, Just like we were trained to do in a fight.

Midnight started to speak again, "All right, with that we can move directly onto our first event!" I hear Ochaco say, "Wow, never an idle pause at U.A!" As Midnight continued, "Onto the preliminaries," As they're called! Lots of fine folk end up choking on their tears here every year!! And this year's first round of destiny is...This!!!" She pointed a large screen behind with the words 'Obstacle race' on it. "It's a race between all 11 classes! The course make a nearly 4 km ring around the stadium! We always sing abort our freedom on campus," Midnight laughed a little, "Well, this is what it's all about! You're free to do anything, anything, so long as you remain within the course! So let's get cracking... on your marks..."

I hope your watching old man... this is what we have chosen... You won't control our live anymore and... Mum I hope you are too, I only want to make you proud... I have no idea what you'd say if you were her but... I've found people I want to protect, I want to be a hero, a daughter you can be proud of.  "STAAAAAAAAAART!!"With that the flood gets were opened.

So just watch me where ever you are...