Chapter 40: Festival final

~Author's POV~

Todoroki's match against Bakugou had come to end. Leaving the explosive blond the winner, though he did not seem pleased with it. Both Todoroki and (L/N) had pulled back their power at the end, almost handing the victory over. (Y/N) was healed by recovery girl and woke up to find her brother sitting beside her. After a ensuring she was okay, Haikari helped (Y/N) up and towards the stadium so she could receive her medal. "Now then, let's move on to the awards ceremony!!" 

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I stood on the spot for third place, Katsuki was chained up beside me  looking more like a feral animal, then a the winner of the sports festival. Shoto stood in second place one of his arms was bandaged up, but besides that he looked fine. I on the other hand had my arms and legs bandage, apparently I over used my fire quirk without realizing it, a burn myself a little.

"Third place could have gone to Iida as well as (L/N), but  due to home life circumstances he was forced to leave early, so please understand!" I looked at Midnight a little shocked and worried. I looked towards Izuku, he looked worried as well. "Time to confer the medals!! And the one who'll present the medals this year is naturally none other than" Midnight started. "It is I!!" The familiar voice of Toshinori rang loud and throughout the stadium. "And I am here with medals!" I smiled a little bit as Midnight continued her sentence, "Our hero All Might!!"

Toshinori walked up to me, "Congratulations, (L/N) my girl! You're a tough customer! Your mother would be proud." I smiled, my eyes stinging ever so slightly, "Thank you All Might and I hope you're right." Toshinori pulled me into a hug, "In order to crush that problem of unfavorable match ups, you can't keep relying on your quirk. If you train up your own strength, your own potential, your chances of taking it will increase in kind!" I hugged him back for a moment before pulling back and looking at the medal that now hung around my neck. I looked up at Toshinori, "Right, thank you."

Toshinori then moved on to Shoto, "Todoroki my boy. Congratulations." I smiled as Shoto bowed his head and accepted the medal from Toshinori. "You must have had your reasons for suppressing your left side during the final match, right?" I looked at Shoto as he answered, "The fight with Midoriya triggered my confusion......And I lost grasp of what I should do." Toshinori nodded, "I have a feeling I understand why he's been weighing on your mind." Shoto continued, "I wanted to be a hero like you. But... I thought if I tried to get over it all by myself that would be wrong. There are still some things I need to come to terns with." Toshinori pulled Shoto into an embrace as well, "Your expression is completely different from before. I won't pry any deeper. But I know that now, you can come to a reckoning without a doubt." Toshinori released Shoto and moved towards Katsuki to give the blond his first place metal. My eyes met Shoto's and I smiled and mouthed, 'Good job on seconded." Shoto gave me a small smile and nodded. "ALL MIIIGHT A 'NO.1' THIS AIN'T WORTH SQUAT! EVEN IF SOCIETY ACKNOWLEDGES IT. IF I DON'T THEN IT'S TRASH!!" I jumped a little at the sound of Katsuki's voice. I looked over and watched as Toshinori tried to put the medal over Katsuki's head, but it ended up in his mouth.

"THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE IN THIS ARENA TO STAND THERE!! IT'S JUST AS YOU SAW WITH YOUR VERY OWN EYES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THEY COMPETED! AND BOOSTED EACH OTHER UP! EVERYONE CLIMBING TO EVER HIGHER, ADVANCING EVER FARTHER!! THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEROES WILL SURELY SPROUT FROM THE SEEDS PLANTED THIS DAY!! AND TO THAT SENTIMENT, I'LL ADD ON MORE THING! EVERYBODY SAY IT WITH ME NOW!! GREAT WORK!!" Most of the student said 'Plus Ultra'. I couldn't help but laugh at my peers and Toshinori. Soon after that, the sports festival came to an end. Shoto came home with me and Haikari, where all three of us are greeted by a fest and my brother yelling.

"Congratulations and good job!!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Been awhile since I updated properly, school just started up again so I've got to deal with that, but I'll update when I and will try to aim to update at least once on the weekend.

have a good life!