Chapter 44: can't escape love

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I looked over my list with Haikari, we both go with different heroes to try and make to best of our own strengths. Haikari went with a hero by the name of Artemis, the new third ranked. A hero know for her distaste in most men and almost god like archery skills and tracking expertise. We had met her once or twice, she must have seen something in my brother. 

I, on the other hand, chose someone who no one really would have expected. Endeavor... After the sports festival I talked to the pros about my run in with my dad. After that they suggested that I choose a hero I believed was strong enough to take on the master of shadows. Endeavor was the one I could see with the greatest chance of success and this way I get to help out Shoto with his flames.

The next day the class all made their way to the train station with their costumes in hand. Shoto still didn't know who my brother and I had chosen for our internships, so we were prepared to tell him today. Aizawa finished up his little talk about manners and things and most of the class seemed ready to jump on the train. However Iida caught my attention, I could see though his smile as he talked with Izuku and Ochaco. I walked up to my glasses wearing friend and place a hand on his shoulder, "Be careful Iida and make sure to be smart about your actions." Iida nodded before boarding his train.

Soon more and more of my classmates got on their trains to head to their internships, including Haikari. Shoto was a little confused as to why my brother and I were going our separate ways, "Aren't you and Haikari interning together?" I laughed and turned to the duel haired boy, "Not this time. Kari is going with Artemis and I'm going with Endeavor." I watched as Shoto's eyes widened a fraction. "Why would you choose my father out of all the requests you got?" I sighed and looked up and traced my hand over the small scar left on my neck, "Because after my encounter with my own father the pros suggested I choose a hero I believed would be able to defeat him if necessary... Endeavor is the most obvious choice."

Reluctantly, Shoto nodded. "Just be careful how you act and what you say." I smiled and gave my friend a small nod. "Right. I can't promise I won't slip up sometimes though." Shoto sighed and we both headed off to where we would be interning with Endeavor. The trip was mostly silent, it was comfortable and I was glad to be there with him. Something about Shoto always seemed to comfort me, put me at ease.

Shoto let out a small yawn and I chuckled softly, "Tired?" He nodded his head, "A little..." I thought for a moment before patting my lap, "You should get some rest then. You'll be here for a bit so you should sleep." Shoto shock his head, "I'm fine. I can just-" I waved my finger in front of his face, "Who was it that told I should sleep when I can so I don't pass out later?" Shoto sighed and went to protest again, bit I cut him off, "If I had to listen to you and sleep on the way to class, then you can listen to me now and sleep on the way to the internship." 

The duel haired boy shock his head in defeat and laid down across the seats. His head resting on my lap, "Fine. Just wake me up when get their." I giggled, and smiled down at him, "Of course. Now get some rest." Just like that Shoto was asleep. His breathing slowed and his body relaxed. He looked so peaceful. I ran my fingers throw his hair as he shifted closer to me. I felt me face heat up slightly and my heart rate increase. "Why are you so cute when you sleep...?" I mumbled to myself. My face turned a shade darker as I processed what I had just said. Why am I saying that? He's just my friend, but he is really cute-  I shock my head trying to get rid of those thoughts.

After Uragiri I had told myself that love was only trouble. It had caused me so much pain before that I had wanted nothing to do with it now. I sighed and looked down again at Shoto's angelic face, he looked perfect right now. I continued to run my hand through his hair, "What am I thinking?" I looked out the window as the world blurred by, "What are you doing to me Shoto?"

I may have wanted nothing to do with love, but, it seems that isn't how it works. We can't pick when it happens or who we fall for, but Love always finds a way into our lives.

I guess that's something I was going to figure out.

________________________________________________________________________________
Hello lovely people on the internet!

It's been awhile. I hope you are all enjoying life. 

Recently things have been a little......Stressful for me. Assessments were all due last week and one of my really close friends was going through a ruff patch believing they were unloved. So I'm going to say this to anyone who is having a bad day.

You are beautiful. You are important. There are and will always be someone who cares for you. Even if you can't see it now, there's always someone their. The world needs you, no matter how much it may push you down, you just have to keep getting up. 

So please remember you are loved and there is always someone to talk to. Find someone you can confide in, someone you trust and someone who will help you.

That's what I try to be. I listen to people I know, their problems, their stories, their views and I do what I can to help them through it. My stories are a way for me to try and make someone else's day just a little bit better, even if I don't know them. So please do enjoy the story.

Gods, my eyes are getting a little watery. Sorry about the little tangent there. But as always have a good life.

From your friend on the other side of the screen,

Kiren