PROLOGUE:

[NEW ORLEANS: 2013.]

・ • ・ • ・

One of these days a comin'

I'm gonna take that boy's crown.

There's a serpent in these still waters

Lying deep down.

・ • ・ • ・

Upon hearing human fraction complaining to him about the newly opened club in New Orleans where a lot of people end up being killed everyday Marcel wasn't so happy about it. The leaders of the human faction say how tourists can stop coming to New Orleans if the word spreads. And that means that his vampires won't have from whom to feed on and they won't be happy either. But not only tourists are in danger of being killed humans that live in that city are going to that club as well.

So despite the fact that Marcel wasn't on so good terms with Klaus and he wouldn't ask him for help if he didn't really need that, but at this moment he thought it would be a good thing. Who knows maybe Klaus is behind all of that or he knows something.

He told Klaus to meet him at the Rousseau's so they can speak. After fifteen minutes waiting for the doors of the bar swung open and Klaus walked in. His gaze casually went over the people that were sitting in the bar, before he saw Marcel at one of the tables.

- Klaus sat across from him and immediately asked, "So why did you call me here, Marcel?"

- "I don't know if you heard, but in the past few days there were more than thirty dead bodies found in a dumpster behind a newly opened club in the quarter called Fangtasia." Marcel paused for a moment looking at Klaus' expression. He seemed like he didn't know anything about it and he listened to Marcel carefully, "I don't remember I allowed any of my guys to do something like that."

- Klaus narrowed his eyes, "So you think I have something to do with it?" he asked, and leaning further into his chair he adding, "Maybe they just don't want to listen to you anymore."

- Marcel placed his elbows on the table and leaned closer to Klaus, "Look, everything was fine in my city until you and your family didn't came back, so I can't say that that thought didn't cross my mind."

- Klaus smiles slightly, "Maybe I should ask Elijah if he changed his lifestyle and opened a club to be a party animal." he says sarcastically and Marcel didn't look pleased.

- "Or Rebekah?" Marcel spoke.

- "Nah." Klaus didn't agree, "If there isn't some quarterback she is not interested." when Marcel remained silent still not sure if Klaus is telling the truth or not Klaus continued, "If you're so interested why don't you go there?"

- "Well, that's a problem." Marcel told him, "Apparently only someone who got invitation can enter the club. They have vampire at the entrance who I cannot compel." he informed him.

- Klaus lets out a laughs, "Haha, I see. So you want me to go with you and compel them?"

- Marcel nodded, "If you want to. That would prove you're not the owner."

- Klaus smirks and looks at him for a few seconds before answering, "Well I guess I could go with you."

- The tone of Klaus' voice made Marcel ask, "What's the catch?"

- "When you're already asking.." Klaus started, "You'll stop your attempts to get my family out of this town, which is more mine than it will ever be yours." the last words he said in a bit of a harsh voice.

Marcel just smiled bitterly and agreed.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

A/N: I can't wait to start posting chapters

where they are in New Orleans. So excited! :D