PROLOGUE

[NEW ORLEANS: 2014.]

THREE MONTHS AGO:

- "Ancestor contacted me." Genevieve spoke, "They said that in this necklace." she showed them a necklace and continued, "We'll have enough power to free one person that can kill Klaus, that can kill all of them."

- "And who that is?" Davina asked, becoming very curious. Just two words "kill Klaus" are enough for her to be on board for the plan.

- "Mikael Mikaelson." Genevieve told them, "We're going to free him."

They found Mikael at the same place where Natali and Rebekah were a few years ago to stop the same thing from happening. Just this time no one was around to stop them from freeing him. They've looked through the rusted bars that were on the window of the door that sealed it off from the outside world. The witch Monique attempted to open the doors but she couldn't.

- "There is a boundary spell." Monique stated as she touched the invisible spell.

- "The four of us can break it." Genevive assured them.

- "Let's do this." Davina says full of confidence.

They chanted and chanted over and over again and they didn't want to give up. It took them a good amount of time to finally break the spell. Then, focusing on the chains and lock, they used their powers to break it and watched as it fell to the ground with a loud crash. Genevieve pushed the doors open and slowly made her way inside the dirt and dust filled tomb, others followed behind her.

The room was bare save for a few candle holders and a coffin located in the center of the tomb. Davina walked down the small set of steps and slowly and cautiously went towards the coffin. When she reached it, her hand came up to brush some of the dust and grime off the lid, but there was nothing underneath it. No symbol, no name no nothing.

She stood back and raised her hand to make the lid fly off the other side and smash to the ground with a heavy crash that made her flinch.

The witches looked back to the now opened coffin and let out a gasp once they saw what was inside. It was Mikael and he looked like a dead vampire, but the thing is he wasn't dead. Before they've freed him Davina had a plan on how to control him, so they've used dark objects to binding him to her.

Monique leaned closer to the vampire to get a better look in the dim light of the tomb. When her hands touched the sides of the crypt, Mikael's eyes snapped open and caused her to let out a sharp scream as it lurched up and broke through the chains to grab her and pull her down while its fangs sunk into the flesh of her neck.

- "Stop!" Davina commanded and Mikael couldn't do anything else than to obey. That was how she knew that her spell was working and she now controls him.

- "Who are you, witches?" Mikael hissed while he was looking at them.

- "We came from New Orleans to free you." Genevive says.

- "Why?" Mikael questioned.

- "So you can kill Klaus Mikaelson." Davina tells him and smiles wickedly.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡