Good morning

Authors's note: Before you start this fanfic, A couple of things I would like to bring to your attention. This is a BTS AU. No characters of this fanfic bear any resemblance to people in real life. This is a work of fiction. Also this book will contain scenes with excessive cussing, physical and mental abuse and violence. So if you are sensitive to things like that, I suggest you don't continue. Apart from that, I hope you like this. All reviews and feedback are always welcome xx

MAFIA BOOK 2 will follow soon. So check the last post I did after the extra chapter for more details!

A string of screams filled the room followed by howls of plea. Gunshots were fired in the distance followed by a long shot of silence. I flinched my eyes and twitched my arms as I woke up. My morning alarm. As someone was laid to rest, I woke up. It had been like this for as long as I could remember.

People were tortured for information the entire night and shot in the morning when they were squeezed of their entire sanity. And that is how I used to wake up. Knowing that someone was screaming for pleas meant that the sun had shown and they had seen their killer load his gun.

As the light hit my eyes I made my way through the large room and towards the bathroom. After getting dressed, I headed down for breakfast.

A quick introduction. I am Lee Jena, 20. My father and family run one of the biggest Mafia scene in Korea and Asia. We are labelled as Oleander in the international scene because of our specialty to kill people with the poison of the flower but back home everyone calls us the Lee Gang. My brothers, Lee Donghae, Lee Taemin and Lee Taeyong elder to me by 8, 5 and 2 years respectively are a part of it too.

Being born into a Mafia is something I have never been proud of, but I don't despise it either. It is a part of who we are and there is nothing I can do to change that.

"Morning Jena, you are up early", Clark, my father's first cousin and my uncle said sipping on his tea.

"Maybe if your men kept their business a little mellow, I wouldn't be forced to wake up so early. You either sound proof the dungeon or you take it somewhere else"

"Well that is a very long answer to a simple question. But I will make sure it doesn't bother you again princess"

"Thank you Uncle, I appreciate it"

With that I headed to the table to get breakfast only to be greeted by Taemin polishing his pistol while sipping on orange juice.

"Lee Taemin I told you a hundred times, you will not bring this business to the dining table"

He looked up from cleaning the handle.

"I am hungry and I don't have time so I am multitasking."

"I don't care, get the fuck out of my face", I said grabbing a toast.

The brothers had always been annoying to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved them but some times their arrogance and the very presence of them made my blood boil.

"That is not a very cool thing to say to someone who has a gun in their hand"

"Go on, shoot then", I said nonchalantly putting a generous portion of Nutella on my bread.

"Who wants to shot who?", my eldest brother Donghae said joining us on the table. He was shortly followed by Taeyong who like usual had a grim and gloomy expression.

"Taemin wants to shoot me, but he can't because he is a sissy"

"You should see me take out people. Maybe then you wouldn't call me a sissy, dear sister"

"I rather not. I am so glad I am not a part of this Mafia"

"Jena, you are a part of the Mafia. You are a heiress and if anything happens to anyone of us, you are next in line to take this ahead", Donghae said.

"If we trust Jena to take this on, the Lee Family would probably be gone in a couple months. Let's say instead of going towards paying the men, dealing in drugs or buying weapons all money would be spent on buying designer handbags or clothes. It would no longer be a Mafia business, but a Kardashian kind reality tv show", Taeyong broke silence.

A burst of laughter erupted among the brothers at my expense. As opposed to what people would think, me and my brothers were actually a normal family. We laughed, teased each other and behaved like any siblings would. But there was always a harsh reality that I had to face, which went beyond our family. The truth about what we did, who we were and why we did it all.

"Okay now Jena, father is in Tokyo for business and me, Taemin and Taeyong have to meet Stefano. For that we are going to Busan. We won't be back till midnight so I suggest you stay in the house and if you need to absolutely go somewhere, make sure you take Minhyuk and Sungjae with you."

"I might go to college and the mall later to pick up some stuff."

"Take your gun, just incase", Taeyong said.

"I am not going to take the gun. I don't even know why you guys gave it to me in the first place. I have been clear from the start. I am not going to be a part of the Mafia", I said irritated.

"Honey, you are already a part of it even if you don't like it. Look at the mark on your hand, it is there for a reason", Taemin pointed it out.

(Credit to owner)

(Credit to owner)

Instinctively my eyes went to the little flower mark on my inner arm. 5 years since I had it. It wasn't voluntarily that I got it but rather a stern glance from Father made me do it. Everyone in the family had it. Father, two uncles, my brothers and my cousins too. It was an identity which was given and you had no choice.

I sighed as my thumb drew circles around it. Even without finishing my breakfast I stood up and headed back to my room, to squeeze in a little more sleep.

———•••———

On other side of Seoul, seven men sat in a dim lit room around a table.

"Do you have information on her?", the leader asked.

"I have put all that I have found on her in this file. She is 20, attends the National University. No one at her college knows about her identity. She is always accompanied by two men that follow her everywhere. Not much is known about whether she is a part of the Mafia or actively engages in the business", the black haired guy said.

The leader ran his hand through his hair as his eyes fell on the picture of a girl standing in the college campus talking to a friend.

"Pick her up, it's time we show the Lee family who they messed with."