Sleep

Author's note 1 : Double update today so please check the previous chapter.

Author's note 2: This chapter may have a couple of inaccuracies regarding medical operations and stuff. Kindly bear with me. I have no knowledge of how things work so I am just writing it from a fictional point of view and in relation to the story.

9 hours had passed yet there was no sight of the doctor or his nurses. The bulb on the ICU was still red as the surgery was going on.

The other boys had come in too. All of Ma Dong and Yukhei's men had been killed. Both of them had managed to escape while the Dean had been killed.

Jimin had positioned himself right outside the door. For the past 9 hours he had refused to move. He just supported his head back towards the wall, tears dried on his eyes. It was his fault she was fighting for her life in there. He was the one who was supposed to be there and not the other way around.

The other boys sat in the seats right outside. Hoseok had cried his eyes out before falling asleep on Yoongi's shoulders. Jungkook too had cried a lot before Jin asked Namjoon to take him home. Taehyung had been silent as he took a seat beside Jimin.

Almost an hour later Ken walked out of the room.

At the sight of him, Jimin, Jin and Taehyung immediately surrounded him.

"We have completed the surgery, but she is still very critical. Her right hand has been completely damaged and she has lost a lot of blood because of being stabbed and also due to the bullet wound on the chest. We have managed to get the bullet out but she has to be placed on life support. We will keep her under 24 hour observation in the critical room here. If she doesn't gain consciousness within next 72 hours, we will have to take her off life support", he said to Jin.

The boys stood in silence as they heard this. Jimin lost his balance as he fell to the ground before breaking into sobs. Jin immediately held him.

"It's all my fault Hyung. I was so blinded by revenge that I overlooked my own feelings for her. If I had stopped, she would have never ran away and this wouldn't have happened", he said in between sobs.

"It's okay Jimin, she will wake up. Don't forget that she is a very strong woman. She is gonna kick death in the face and get out of it"

Taehyung was almost in tears at the sight of his best friend being so weak. He had never seen Jimin cry after the day in camp when his parents had died. It was very unlike of him to show affection to anyone except for Bangtan and todays seeing him so broken made him realise how much he liked Jena.

Jimin stood up to peak through the little window on the door of the operator room.

He couldn't see much except for Jena lying down and a couple of monitors showing her vitals. He put his hand on the window as if reaching out to her.

"I will never forgive myself for what happened. You are an idiot for putting yourself in danger for a worthless man like me. You should have let the bullet him me. I deserved it for everything I have done to you. I hate myself and nothing I could do that would make up for what you did. I don't want any revenge, I don't want any of this. Please just wake up. Please"

More tears rolled down his eyes as he banged his fist on the door.

Jin stood there watching Jimin cry his eyes out. He had to wipe a couple of tears that rolled down his eyes too. It had never struck him but he has started to view Jena as a sister. Something about her that reminded him of his sister that he lost years ago. It was like history repeating itself all over, and this time he didn't want to lose Jena.

Hoseok had finally woken up. He looked up to see Yoongi sleeping with his shoulder on the other side. He grabbed a pillow nearby before resting Yoongi's head on it and covering him with a blanket.

He walked to the door where Jimin was to get a glance of Jena. As he seen all of this unfold, he was convinced Jimin liked Jena a lot. He had never seen this side of Jimin and something told him that he had lost somewhere. Jena took a bullet for Jimin, it meant she cared about him enough to sacrifice herself for him. He didn't want to get in their way and now was the right to control his feelings before they grew more and completely took over him.

"Jimin, go home now. We are here. You haven't even slept once. Get some rest and come back", Jin said.

"I am not going anywhere"

"Jimin don't do this please"

"Hyung I am not leaving until she opens her eyes"

"Jimin we are here, we will take care of her. Don't spoil your own health in this", Taehyung said.

Jimin did not reply but positioned himself in front of the door again. The boys sighed at the sight of him. He put his head back in position and closed his eyes. Within a moment he was asleep.

He wasn't aware about the number of hours that had passed when he heard a lot of footsteps and what seemed like people shouting. His eyes open as he looked around to see Ken and the nurses rushing towards the door. He immediately composed himself as he stood up. He wasn't sure about why they were running until he saw through the small glass on the door.

Something had happened to Jena. Her body was having spasms as he saw her chest fall up and down.

"JENA", he screamed as he tried to make his way into the room. It took Jin, Taehyung and two male nurses to hold him back.

In front of him the doctor and nurses prepared for another surgery. She had internal bleeding and it had made her even more unstable. They shut the door and even put a little cover on the window blocking the view completely.

Jimin was almost out of control. Screaming and Crying his heart out. Hoseok broke down too. It took Yoongi a lot of effort to take care of him.

Jin excused himself as he went somewhere. He came back later with a syringe in his hand. He held Jimin, took the hair on the nape of his neck out of the way before stabbing the syringe into him.

Jimin felt a sharp pain. He looked back to see Jin with a syringe in his hand.

"Hyung...", he said. Before he could say anything else, the corners of his eyes started getting darker. He tried his best to keep his eyes off but he struggled. Within a moment, he felt his eyelids get heavy and he fell straight into Jin's arms, unconscious.