War

Daniel Lee sat in a dimly lit room on the 26th floor of the Yamamoto towers in the Osaka Prefecture.

A cuban cigar in one hand and expensive scotch in the other, he relaxed as a cloud of smoke left his mouth.

He did not know whether to be happy or not. She was gone but she was still a part of the Mafia. It was a boon for him if she wasn't found but then it also boiled down to his own reputation. What would people say when they found out that it was a month and a half since his own daughter got kidnapped and yet he hadn't found her.

He did not hate her, but he did not love her either. It was more like he was accustomed to having her around, so her absence kind off created a gap. His sons had gone crazy trying to find their sister, poor lads.

A scene from 16 years ago played in his mind.

"Daniel, take care of them", his wife said clutching her stomach which was bleeding.

"No Miyoung, don't say that. You are not going anywhere", he said tears flowing down his eyes.

"I don't have a lot of time, so promise me one thing"

"MIYOUNG NO, HELP IS ON THE WAY"

"Daniel Listen", she said putting her hand on his cheeks. He instantly calmed down.

"Take care of them, all of them. They will need their father growing up. Take care of Jena. She is still a child. Make sure she has everything she would ever need"

"SHE IS NOT MY DAUGHTER", he screamed.

"For me Daniel, for me. Please. It's my death wish", she said. She coughed and more blood came rolling down her mouth.

"No MIYOUNG, NO. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN", he yelled as he saw her crescent shaped eyes start to close.

"I love you Daniel. Thank you for everything", she said.

"I love you too Miyoung, please don't leave me", he said crying.

She smiled at him but before he could do anything, her eyes closed completely.

"Miyoung... Miyoung...", he repeatedly said her name, patting her cheeks.

No response.

She was gone. The person he loved the most in the whole world, left him alone.

A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Come in", he said.

The door opened and his most trusted man Jaesuk walked in.

"Boss, did you do any off record transactions a few days ago?"

"No", Daniel said straightening up.

"There has been a transfer of 100 million dollars in one of our accounts from an unknown Swiss Bank account. It has been encrypted such a way that there are no details to be seen. Yugyeom is trying his best but he has no luck tracking the owners of the account.

"I will look into it", Daniel said dismissing Jaesuk. He was too occupied with things now to care about a few million dollars. The latter bowed down as he left. Back here, the Mafia boss filled his glass again as he lit another cigar.

The phone lying on the crystal table rang. It was his eldest.

"Yes Donghae"

"Father, we know who did it. It is the Chois"

"What?", he said putting the glass on the table.

"Father the Chois kidnapped Jena. They are behind all of this"

"Donghae, do you even know what you are saying?"

"Father, Jena called. She is alive. Within a minute it got cut off because her kidnappers caught her. When we went to inspect the place, a person who saw this all said Yukhei kidnapped her. It is Zhang Yukhei"

"Donghae I hope you have made no mistake"

"Father we inspected the place where Jena was last seen and we found Bang Hongbin and a lot of Chois's men dead"

Daniel Lee could feel the blood in his body boil. The Chois, they had crossed their limits. By attacking someone from their Mafia, he had ended their treaty of not crossing into each other's business.

"I am coming back Donghae. Don't do anything till then", he said cutting off the phone.

"Jaesuk", he yelled and the later entered.

"Get the plane ready. We are flying to Seoul"

"Yes boss"

The Choi House

"Boss, boss Yukhei is on the call", One of Siwon's men came running to him. He was sitting with his father, the original mafia boss Hyukjae Choi as they discussed about the Lees.

"Boss, it is me", Yukhei said.

"Yes Yukhei"

"Boss I found out who was behind all this. The money theft, stealing information from Ma Dong Hyung's facility and blowing up our cocaine warehouse. Its Lees. Their daughter Jena Lee did this all with her team of 7"

"WHATT? DANIEL LEE's DAUGHTER? YUKHEI I HOPE YOU HAVEN'T SMOKED SOMETHING AND CALLED ME."

"Boss I am saying the truth. We caught her and her men came to rescue her. She also took the bullet for one of her men and they ran away with her. All our men were killed and even Hongbin is dead"

"YOU LOST HER? FIND HER AGAIN AND BRING HER BACK NOW"

With that he cut of the call. He slammed the phone and the glass of alcohol in his hand into the ground.

Beside him his father let out a little chuckle. He looked at his father in shock, not knowing what was so funny about this.

"Son, you get angry very easily"

"Father do you even know what has happened?"

"I know everything that happened"

"Then why aren't you doing anything about it?"

He sipped on his cup of tea, not saying anything.

"When I was your age, I took a lot of bad decisions which cost me a lot. I have learnt something from that. Wait for the right time before you act."

He gulped down his cup of tea before grabbing his walking stick and leaving.

Siwon stood there clueless, irritated by his father's senseless words.

Hyukjae Choi walked back into his own room. His helper helped him remove his coat as the latter laid on the bed.

None of this would have ever happened if he had not done what he did 16 years ago. His one rash action, that had given rise to such a powerful enemy which today threatened to destroy his own clan.