Sandwich

Jena turned back, the sandwich still in her mouth as she looked at Jimin behind.

"How did you get out?", was the first question he asked.

"The door was unlocked"

He cursed under his breath. Who left the door to her room open.

"What is this?", he said pointing to the box.

I moved a little so the medicines came into view. At this point I did not even notice he had a dagger pointed at me. I gulped down the morsels as quickly as I could, embarrassed at being caught like this.

Jimin's eyes trailed Jena's body as he noticed the bruises. Blood had died where there were dark purple patches. He noticed her left ankle which was bleeding and had been held together with a white cloth which in itself was drenched in blood.

He put the dagger back as he pulled a chair beside me and sat down.

"Give me the box"

"What?"

"Give me that box"

I passed the box to him. He bent down before lifting my leg and placing it on his lap.

"What are you doing?"

"You can continue, don't mind me", he said pushing the plate of half eaten sandwich in my direction.

"I will do it", I said trying to pull my leg away but he had such a firm grip I couldn't even move.

He put on a pair of gloves before picking a pair of tweezers and pulling out the glass piece. I slammed the table with my fist, it hurt so much. As soon as the piece came out, blood started trickling down as if it was waiting to be freed. He quickly wiped it before putting on a gauge and sealing it. Was I dreaming? Did he seriously help me?

"Were you planning to apply this on your bruises?", he asked picking up a little bottle I had removed.

"Yes"

"It's mosquito repellent"

"What?", I was taken back, taking the bottle and reading the instructions.

"It was dark, I picked out the wrong thing"

"Take this. Put it Wherever you have been hit", with that he handed me a new gel.

He stood up taking off the gloves and washing his hands in the sink nearby. I looked on before taking last bite of the sandwich. It was so good, I craved more.

"If you want, there is some more food inside. Heat it up", he said with his cold demeanor. After that he left, leaving me sitting there.

I did as I was asked, opening the refrigerator and shuffling through the shelves. I found some leftover rice and a little bit of kimchi. After I was done eating, I returned back to my room.

My mind kept wandering to Jimin. Just hours before he had been such an asshole who made me cry and now he came and helped me as if nothing had happened.

I closed my eyes as I let my thoughts wander. Even before I knew, sleep had consumed me.

———•••———

A loud commotion took up the dining table as breakfast was made. Jin was in charge of feeding the younger ones. Military had taught him so much and being the eldest he took it as his job to take care of the younger ones, the closest he had to a family after he lost his real one.

"I am telling you, Jimin did it. He was sitting right here, helping her", Taehyung said in a hushed voice.

He, Hoseok and Yoongi were already sitting there waiting for their stew while talking about something he did not pick up.

"I am sure Taehyung, you just had an illusion. Jimin would never do it", Yoongi said.

"Hyung, cut it. I might be sleepy but I saw everything. Jena was sitting right where you are and Jimin was at Hobi Hyung's place and he was putting medicine on her leg."

"Yah Yah Taehyung, you said first that it was dark. How did you see things so clearly then? You are contradicting your own claim", Yoongi argued.

"HYUNG I AM TELLING YOU..."

"Shut up Taehyung, don't come up with shit like this in the morning", Hoseok yelled at the younger one.

He felt a pang of irritation as he heard Taehyung talk about Jena and Jimin. Jimin would never do this, he did not care enough about Jena. She was just a bait for him to get back at the Lee family.

The table grew silent as they saw Jena coming towards them. She just stood at a distance looking at them, unsure of what to do.

"Jena, sit have breakfast", Hoseok said.

She looked at him as if he had invited her to dine with Jesus. Hoseok realised he had behaved a little weirdly especially since she wasn't a guest at their house but someone they had kidnapped and kept here against her will.

"Sit Jena, eat while it's hot", Jin yelled from the kitchen.

I nodded, pulling out a chair and sitting beside Hoseok and across Taehyung who was eyeing me suspiciously.

Another set of footsteps were heard as Jimin and Jungkook came downstairs. Jimin as usual ignored me as he pulled out a chair between Yoongi and Taehyung.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU CUNTS TOOK MY SANDWICH?", a loud voice was heard from within making me drop my chopsticks.

Jungkook stomped towards us in anger, the green plate which I ate his sandwich from in his hands.

"WHO DID THIS?", he said pushing the plate towards us.

My body tensed as I realized that I had grabbed the sandwich without even thinking it could have been someone else's.

"I PUT A FUCKING NOTE HERE. SEE. IT SAYS JEON JUNGKOOK CLEARLY. NOW WHOEVER DID IT, COME FORWARD BY YOURSELF. IF I FIND OUT WHO IT IS, I WILL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF"

I looked at Jimin nervously who was busy doing something in his phone. Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung were quick to deny it. Jin was too busy checking on his rice to listen to any of it. Maybe I should confess and explain everything.

"Actually..."

"I ate it"

I looked at Jimin who put down his phone and looked at me for a split second before looking at Jungkook.

"I was hungry and I ate it"

"HYUNG, IT WAS THE HAM SANDWICH FROM TJs. I SPECIFICALLY SAVED ONE FOR MYSELF. HOW CAN YOU DO THIS?"

"I will get one for you today", he said nonchalantly and went back to texting.

"IT'S NOT ABOUT GETTING ME SOMETHING. ITS  ABOUT HOW YOU IGNORED MY NOTE AND..."

"Boys, boys, boys, why do you always keep fighting?"

I stopped as I was about to put a spoonful of rice in my mouth. Was this true? Did I just hear a female voice in this house full of men? And why was this a voice that I knew?