Wake up

"Hyung, what was that?", Taehyung asked.

"He had lost complete control. If he continued screaming and crying like this his blood pressure would go high. So I put in a sedative to calm him down. He won't wake up for the next 11-12 hours. Help me put him on the seats"

Taehyung nodded as both of them picked him up and put him on the seats. Yoongi had taken Hoseok home. Namjoon had come back with Jungkook who looked a little better than before. They got food for them. Everyone ate in silence as they waited for some news on Jena.

It was almost two hours after which Ken came out.

Jin immediately stood up as he approached him.

"I have good news and bad news. Jena is no longer critical but she has gone into a vegetative state. Meaning she is aware of her surroundings but she won't gain consciousness or be able to respond to stimuli. This is not because of the bullet wound but it seems injuries on the head and critical nervous system area around the lower neck responded to this by sending her into shock."

"Is she still on life support?", Jin asked.

"No, we are taking her out and into a care room now. She can breathe and her body is responding to the glucose we have been administering into her body But we don't know when she will wake up. It could be a few hours, days, weeks, months, years or maybe never."

Ken patted Jin on the back as the latter wiped his eyes.

"I am sorry, we tried her best. All we can do is pray and hope for the best. And if anyone of you want to see her, you can go in after we shift her there"

"Thank you Ken, for coming in a moment's notice. You are the reason she survived. Don't say sorry", Jin said.

"Anything for you. You are the reason I am here in the first place", Ken said after which he left.

Jin recalled the incident from 8 years ago. He was going home from army training when he saw a gang beat up a young boy. He had immediately rescued him and took him to the hospital. From that day Ken had always been grateful to Jin.

Jimin opened his eyes as the light from above hit his eyes. The last thing he remembered was Jin Hyung hitting him with something. He looked around as his eyes fell on the operation theater.

Jena.

He stood up and looked inside. Why was she not there? Where did they take her?

"Jimin she is in the care room", Namjoon said as he spotted Jimin looking around cluelessly.

"Care room? What? Why?"

"She started breathing again by her own and she is no longer in danger but she has slipped into a sort of coma so they took her in the care room"

Coma? Jimin was confused with this new development.

"Can I see her?", was the only thing he asked.

"Jungkook and Jin Hyung are already inside. Let them come out and you can go"

He nodded as he positioned himself outside the care room. He could see Jungkook and Jin inside sitting beside Jena's bed as he patiently waited his turn.

"Jena, Noona. Wake up", Jungkook said to the almost corpse like body on the bed.

"Remember when I said I would take a bullet for Bangtan and IU, I clearly said it was my job. Not yours. How dare you do something that was my job? You have a very bad habit of taking my things. Don't think I did not know that it was you who took the sandwich. I am going to take my revenge after you wake up. Just see", he said tears rolling down his eyes.

Jin was also in tears as he heard Jungkook say that.

Jin held onto Jena's hand as he bent a little near. Her hand was cold like it no longer had the will to live.

"I know you can hear me Jena. I just want to tell you that you are very strong and you will make it alive out of here"

With that he kissed her hand. As he let go, it fell back to her side.

"Let's go Jungkook. Let her rest", Jin said. The younger one stood up. With one last look at her, both of them left.

Jimin immediately stood up as he saw them come out. He had been sitting there impatiently waiting his turn. He looked at Namjoon who nodded as he made his way to the room. His hands trembled as he held the knob.

After contemplating a minute, he finally went inside.

Jena was there, lying on the bed, sleeping. Her chest rose and fell in rhythm to her breathing. As he approached her everything came into view. His heart clenched at the sight of her. There were so many bruises on her face. The corner of her lips had darkened from being punched. Her face had stitches everywhere they had hit her. Her right hand was in a cast and her left foot had been wrapped up too.

He sat on the chair beside her while pulling it closer.

"Jena", he said as his hand touched her forehead. He was at a loss of words. There were so many things he wanted to say to her but they couldn't leave his mouth.

They stayed in silence as Jimin looked at her while she slept.

"Jena, are you okay? I know you cannot probably hear me because Namjoon said you are in a coma. I don't even know why I am telling you this but I cannot keep it within myself. I have been a monster, the most terrible person ever. I was so caught up in getting a revenge that I was blinded. My heart told me to stop so many times, but I didn't. I did not realise how much I cared for you until the moment I saw you disappear right in front of my eyes. I know you hate me so much and an apology could never be enough but, I am sorry. I am so sorry for everything I have done. For all the times I made you cry, every time I hurt you. Please wake up, not for me or for any one of us. For yourself, because you don't deserve this. Please..."

I could feel him there. I felt his presence. I could hear him say my name. I could feel his hand on my head.

I also felt the wetness of his tears as he laid his head on my hand and cried. I felt it all.

But I could do nothing. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak or react. It was as if I was trapped in a stone. I wanted to break free and go to him. Hug him, tell him it was okay. And that I had forgiven him.

But I couldn't.