Bonus Chapter : Growing up (Part 2)

A/N: Here it is — Part two of the Bonus Chapter. With this Chapter we will officially end Mafia. No more updates or extra chapters. Thank you for everyone who has been with me on this journey. I love you all so much 💕♥️

Areum put the books in her locker while Jennie stood by the side. She felt a pair of eyes on her and she turned to look at Jennie.

"Why are you staring at me like this?"

"You are very pretty. I cannot keep my eyes off you", came the reply to which Areum flushed a deep red. Jennie smirked seeing how shy Areum got.

Just when she was about to say something, a voice interrupted them. "If this isn't the most disgusting sight in the world"

The girls looked back to see a tall guy staring at them. Shim Hansul. The school bully.

"What do you want Hansul", Jennie snapped standing protectively in front of Areum.

"Nothing", the boy chuckled. "I just want to bully my favourite victim", he bent and glanced at Areum who just shielded herself behind Jennie, trembling in fear.

"Leave us alone and get the fuck out of here", Jennie was fuming now. "If you bother us again Hansul, I will kick your nuts all the way up to your throat"

The boys behind Hansul hooted as the guy's face turned bitter, anger flashing on it. "You and your little chick here will pay for your words", he spat at her.

"The only one paying will be you - and that is for your Ballsack surgery if you don't take that ugly face and leave this instance", she stepped towards him but stopped when Areum put a hand on her shoulder and pleaded her to let go.

Hansul smirked. "Will see about that Kim", with that he moved away only to stop and wink at Areum whose entire body shut down because of past memories of him bullying her came to her mind.

Jennie's eyes softened as she looked at Areum who looked like she was about to cry. "Its okay, he won't do anything", she cupped the younger girl's cheeks. "Now cheer up, I will buy you Boba", her gummy smile made Areum loosen up a little as both of them left hand in hand.

———•••———

EunHa came home from work as she put her purse on the table. She was early and was surprised to see a pair of black boots belonging to one of the kids's uniform at the front. Why were they home at this time?

Areum had classes, Taemin went to assist Jimin on the dance academy while Miyoung had Music club practice.

Slowly she walked upstairs only to hear sobs coming from Areum's room. Her eyes widened and she hurried her steps.

The door to Areum's room opened and EunHa saw her curled up on the floor, bawling her eyes out.

"Sweetie", she immediately went up to her. "What is wrong? Why are you crying?"

Seeing her mother, the child immediately hugged her, crying in her shoulder. EunHa could only pat her back and wait for her to calm down so she could talk to her.

"What happened? Did something happen at school?"

"Eomma.. Hansul.... this guy bullies me.. he hates me and Jennie and today he threatened to hurt us.. I am scared Eomma", she cried harder.

After class Hansul had managed to corner Areum. Seeing that Jennie wasn't around, he took this opportunity to threaten Areum once again and the girl scared out of her wits ran back home.

"Shhh", EunHa pat her back. "No one will hurt you sweetie. Don't pay any attention to him. Do you want Eomma and Appa to come to school and have a word with him?"