Alone

Jimin let out a scream of frustration. What did he just do down there? He should have thrown her to the side that very moment. Now Taehyung saw it, and he was going to tell the others such a remixed version of what actually happened.

He walked in the passage still irritated with himself when he heard loud music blasting from inside. He couldn't remember the numerous times he had asked Jungkook to keep it down. Just when he was about to barge in, he heard a different voice.

"natseon natseon yeojaui natseon hyanggie Yes I want some NEWW FACEEEE"

A smile formed on his face. This was Jena and Jungkook singing new face by psy at the top of their voice. He stood there as he heard her sing some more. She had a beautiful singing voice. There was a change of song. It was something like a ballad. He pushed himself near to the wall by the door to hear it more clearly.

(Think of this as the song Jena is singing. Also check out Saesong on youtube. She is so talented. All credits to her)

It was as if the whole world paused for Jimin. He slid down and sat himself by the wall to hear this. In a moment he felt a rush of emotions, something he had never before. He arched his head back before closing his eyes. It was melody to his ears.

Jungkook watched as Jena sang. He was mesmerised. She was a great singer. He felt so proud of his decision to make her do this. At this point he wondered why they were doing this to her. He felt guilty and bad. He wanted revenge for what happened to his parents, but he did not want to hurt Jena. Now that he knew what Jimin was going to do, he was certain it was going to lead to death for Jena. As he retreated and sat himself on the bed while she sang soulfully, his mind thought of everything. Jena was a good human, she didn't deserve all of this to happen to her and he was determined he was going to talk to others about it too. Maybe if everyone agreed, they could convince Jimin to stop.

"That's it, this is not a music show. Testing is done. You can give me the mic back"

"What? Why? Can I please sing one more song?"

"No, I have work to do."

"Please jungkook"

"No. Put the mic back and leave"

I hesitantly put the mic back before standing there awkwardly.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Just one song. I will sing IU, You cannot refuse IU"

"I said no. Please go"

I walked myself out of the door glancing back at Jungkook who was busy putting things back.

I had a fun time, Jungkook was very laid back and easy to hang out with. Just like Taeyong. In this house ever since I was kidnapped, they never made me feel like I was at their mercy. Was It bad that I enjoyed their company? They still had a leverage with my brothers and they made me do things for that but then they also got me out of this mess. If Jimin sent me to Yukhei, he was also the person who came running to rescue me. What was this duality?

———•••———

Lee House.

Donghae sat helpless. They had done everything to find Jena. But she had just disappeared like dust. The people that had kidnapped her did not contact for money or even demand anything else. So what was their motivation?

Father had come back from Tokyo when he heard this news, but as soon as some other deal came up, he disappeared out of the country. Donghae couldn't believe his own father. His only daughter had been kidnapped and he did not care enough to stay. He hadn't even shed one tear for her. He recalled their conversation from earlier, before he had left.

"Donghae, you are the eldest. I am trusting you. Find Jena and get her back."

"You cannot leave father. What about Jena? Is the deal more important?"

"I have a Mafia to run. If all of us are caught in this, there will be no one to take care of the business."

"FATHER ! Its your daughter"

"I know what I have to do and what I don't. Do what I have asked you to. Don't answer me back like this ever"

With that he just walked away. Now that he noticed, father never paid any attention to Jena. He had always favored him, Taemin and Taeyong more than Jena. She never said anything but deep down he knew that Jena was hurt by this.

Flashback

"Mom why can't we come back for holidays? It has been 4 years since we came home",the 12 year old boy asked. From the other side, his mother spoke on the phone.

"Things are not good here. Donghae, stay at your school and take care of your brothers. Your sister is still young and we have to take care of her"

"But mother, we have never met her. Just one day you came and told us that we have a sister. Why can't we meet her?"

"Donghae, there are dangerous people who want to hurt us. So we never talked about your sister. But I promise you can meet her when you come back next year"

"Amma, I want to see you"

"I want to see you and both the Taes. I promise we will visit next year"

"Will you bring Jena?"

"We will"

"Okay"

"Good bye, now give me a kiss"

The boy looked around to see if any of his classmates were looking before pressing a kiss on the receiver.

"That's like my good boy. Now take care of Taemin and Taeyong. You are the eldest you have to take care of them no matter what"

"Yes mom, now I have to go. Bye"

"Bye"

Next year never came. Mom died seven months later. Father said it was an accident but he was convinced there was a lot more to this than just an accident . He saw her for the first time at his mother's funeral standing with her nanny in a black dress and shoes that squealed when she walked.

He walked up to her before bending down till he faced her.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Donghae", she said, with the most child like voice. Her eyes glimmered like diamonds.

"I am your eldest brother. And this are your two other brothers. Taemin and Taeyong"

The other boys followed suit and bent down too.

"We have to go and say goodbye to mom", he said putting forward his hand. "Will you come with us?"

She nodded and wrapped her hand around his index finger and looked upto him with the biggest doe eyes. And that is when he knew, that he was always going to protect his little sister.