Birthday

It had been a week since Jena went into Coma. She had become so weak, her already prominent cheek bones almost showed through the skin. The hollows of her eyes had grown deeper and the collar bones even more so.

Jimin was always by her side. He went home for a couple of hours and came back every day. All the nights he slept on the uncomfortable chair in fear that some day she might wake up and he wouldn't be there.

The other boys also stayed at home gloomy. No one went on their missions. Taehyung turned down an offer of 10 million dollars to hack into the stock market servers. Hobi never came out of the room just like Jungkook who had resorted to making even more paintings than before.

Jin saw all of them falling apart because of this. He knew all of them blamed themselves some where or the other for Jena's condition. As much as they denied it, they had all grown fond of her and seeing her like this made everyone's heart ache.

Today was a special day but nothing about it screamed special.

It was Jimin's birthday. He turned 24. As big an affair it was every year, this time no one did anything.

Like usual he sat outside Jena's room with a cup of coffee in his hand. He was staring into the distance, waiting for visiting hours to start so he could go into Jena's room. Ken had been strict, Jimin and the other's couldn't see her more than 4 hours everyday.
Jimin patiently waited his turn.

The clock struck 11 and he put the cup on the side before making a move for the door.

He grabbed his usual chair that and placed it beside her bed as he positioned himself onto it.

"How are you today?", he asked.

"Do you know what day it is today?"

"Ofcourse you don't know, why am I asking such stupid questions?"

"It is 13 th October, and it's a special day. Because it is my birthday "

Silence, no response from the other side.

"Every year, we used to go big celebrating it. We once flew to Las Vegas just for this day. The bill at the end of out trip amounted to 800,000 dollars. Guess who went crazy shopping at Gucci ?We rented the suite at the MGM grand. And the entire night we spent at casinos. Namjoon lost 100,000 dollars at the casino and almost got his ass blasted by a group of Yakuza. To this day he doesn't tell us what happened at the table and what got them so angry. Jungkook on the other hand was quite a popular kid among women. A couple of them asked him for his number, but that kid chickened out last minute and instead gave them Jin Hyung's number. Let's say Hyung wasn't very impressed with young girls calling him for one night stands. Yoongi hyung was a complete spoil sport. He went to the spa so many times, just so he could sleep when they massaged him. No one saw him the entire day until the lady at the spa came to complain and said that guests at the hotel cannot use the spa service more than 5 times a day. Hobi had a blast. Have we ever mentioned that he is a great dancer? He had a dance battle on the streets of Vegas. Poor white kid that went against him, Hobi completely stole his thunder."

"And I?"

"What did I do? Well I drank. I sat in the balcony of the room which showed the entire view of the Vegas."

"What am I doing this year?"

"I don't know. I am spending it with you here. Do you think I can smuggle food from outside? I am fed up with the hospital food. Maybe we could have barbecued meat. What is your favorite meat? Well we saw you going to the chicken place a lot. You like fried chicken? Because I know just this place", Jimin said.

He had this monologue with himself as he spoke, his voice broke down. Tears kept rolling down his eyes one after the other.

"Is there cake?"

"No, I don't like sweet stuff...", he said still looking down and crying.

He froze at what he heard. Did he just hear a female voice.

He looked up to see Jena struggling to keep her eyes open as she looked at him.

"JENA, JENA ! YOU... YOU... YOU ARE AWAKE", he said standing up.

"I just want to know if there is cake", she said in a low voice.

"There is...", he said as he scooted closer to her. Tears of happiness rolled from his eyes. Seeing him even Jena started crying. He held her hands as he looked at her with love struck eyes. He had never been this happier, this was the best birthday ever.

"Happy birthday, sorry I have no gift"

"I.. don't need one.. I already got what I wanted..", he said still not able to control his tears.

"You have snot coming out from you nose. Wow ! The deadly Jimin needs some tissues here"

He could help as he burst into a chuckle.

"Sir, Sir, please move. Let us check on her", the nurses came running.

They had to pull Jimin away from her. Jena watched as they took him away. That smile. That damned smile on his face. She wasn't even aware of when the nurse injected her with something. She was completely oblivious everything that was happening around her, because she had eyes on only one person.

Jimin did not fight back or struggled out of their grip. He just had his eyes on Jena, who was smiling at him from a distance.