Search operation

The Lee House

"SHE IS ALIVE", Donghae screamed as he ran out of his room.

Taeyong and Taemin were sitting in the living room with one of their uncle's friend discussing about what they should do with his murderers.

"What?", Taemin said getting up.

"I got a call from an unknown number, and when I picked up, it was Jena. But her kidnappers must have heard her because in a second she screamed and the call got cut off"

"She is alive ! Hyung we still have hopes of finding her", Taeyong said.

"We can track that number, where she called from", Taemin said.

"I don't know. It seemed like a payphone", Donghae said.

"We can atleast try Hyung. Maybe Hoshi will be able to find the exact location for us", Taeyong said grabbing his phone.

From the other side a cheerful voice spoke, an old friend of Taeyong's.

"Yes Taeyong"

"Hoshi track a number for me"

"Give me a minute"

He heard some clicking on a computer screen as the receiver came alive again.

"Go on"

Taeyong recited the number from Donghae's phone as Hoshi punched it in.

"Its a payphone. Exact location is south highway 8, beside KP gas station."

"Thanks Hoshi"

"Wait wait ! What happened?", he asked.

"We might have some trail on Jena. I have to go now, I will tell you everything later"

Taeyong cut off the call as he looked at his brothers.

"Taemin get the car, we are going to find her"

Taemin did as asked. Within minutes they were out of the mansion followed by another one with their men.

"I see it", Taeyong said and they stopped right in front of a pay phone.

All three of them stepped out to take a look. Taemin put on a flashlight as they looked around.

"Hyung look at this", he said pointing to the glass shreds.

Taeyong picked up a couple of glass pieces from below as he observed them. It was from the door of the booth.

"There is blood", Donghae said looking at it. All three of them looked at each other.

Taemin spotted a man sitting by the gas station, smoking what looked like a local cigarette. He had a couple of empty soju bottles lying around. Clearly a drunkard but also their best hope.

"You, we have a couple of questions to ask", he said approaching the man.

"What do you want kid?", he said flicking off the ash from the cigarette.

"What happened at the payphone ?"

"Some men came and took a girl away", he said nonchalantly looking around in his bottle stack searching for any with a hint of alcohol.

"Was this the girl", Taeyong came running with a picture.

The man looked at the picture before speaking.

"I don't know, it was dark. I did not see. But she was screaming. And they took her forcefully"

"WHERE DID THEY TAKE HER?", Donghae shouted getting impatient every minute.

"I don't know"

"LISTEN TO ME YOU OLD HAG, THAT WAS MY SISTER THEY TOOK. NOW YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU SAW OR HEARD BEFORE I SHOOT THE ENTIRE SET OF BULLETS IN YOUR HEAD", Donghae said pointing the gun at the man's head.

"I.. will tell you... don't kill me please.. please", he said sobbing.

"I had gone to get my cigarettes. When I came back I saw them here pulling the girl out of the booth. She fought with them but they hit her in the face and slapped her. I was scared that if they saw me, they would kill me. So I .. I hid behind the tree. They said something about a warehouse..."

"WHAT WAREHOUSE", Taemin said holding him by the collar.

"Exit 39.. Some warehouse on exit 39. His name... his name was Yukhei... yes.. he spoke with an accent. And he talked to his men in Chinese..."

The mention of Yukhei made all three of them freeze.

"Zhang Yukhei", Taemin said.

"THOSE FUCKING BASTARDS, THE CHOIS. THEY DID THIS", Donghae yelled.

He did not even know when he aimed the fully loaded gun at the old man and shot him point blank in the head thrice. In front of him, the man fell with a shocked expression on his face. Dead.

All of them looked at Donghae who screamed in frustration and yelled curses.

"Hyung, let us check the warehouse on exit 39. We don't have much time", Taeyong said to the eldest.

They had never seen Donghae so worked up as he was now.

"Clean up this mess", Taemin said to the men pointing to the body of the dead man.

He nodded and the others got to work at disposing the body. The brothers sat in a car as they headed to the warehouse.

"This is the only warehouse on exit 39 Hyung", Taeyong said as he stopped the car.

They got out as they headed towards the warehouse. It was unlocked.

"What shit just happened here?", Taeyong yelled in surprise at the sight in front of him.

There were dead bodies of so many men. Some shot, some beaten up. As they rummaged through the pile for any hint of their sister, Taemin's eyes fell on a familiar face.

"Hyung, its Bang Hongbin", he said pointing to a man fallen on the ground with his eyes open, shot straight between his eyes.

Donghae knelt down to inspect him. He had a gun in his hand.

"Who did this all?", Taeyong asked. "Jena is not here means they took her away from here. But then who was behind this?", Taemin asked confused.

"Do you think she did this and escaped?"

"It is not practically possible. She couldn't have possibly killed all of these here single handedly. Someone must have come to take her", Donghae asked.

"Who? If the Choi's kidnapped her then why are their own men dead here?", Taemin asked.

"And if we haven't rescued her, who came to her aid?"

"That is what we have to find out. Atleast we have some lead. Tell Hoshi to look around the cameras in this area and tell us about all activity that happened near by", Donghae said.