Fight

I sat in the black car as two of my bodyguards sat in the front. No one in my college knew about my identity. As plastered my brother's faces were in the media, father made sure my identity was never revealed. Everyone in college assumed I was a rich kid, hence the bodyguards and expensive cars. The only people that knew about me was Nayeon my cousin and Jaebum who was father's close associate's son.

It was raining heavily as I set foot in the college. The campus was relatively empty as most classes were cancelled. I saw a couple of  familiar faces from the history course that I took and I joined then at the table outside the library.

"Morning Jena", Jisoo said.

"Morning Jisoo, how is the prep for presentation?"

"Its okay. I mean, my group is full of slackers. They don't really work and I have to do everything. I am so jealous of you that you are doing it by yourself"

I just smiled a little. Everyone thought I did projects by myself because I was smart and competent but in reality father never let me go to other people's houses or let any friends come over due to security purposes. I was always stuck by myself and it ended up creating so much work for me.

"By the way Jena, why do those men always come with you. I always see them standing there watching you at a distance?", Jackson asked.

"Oh my father is a little too protective. So he always sends them with me everywhere", I said a little embarrassed.

"I have only seen bodyguards like these with Mafia. Are you a part of the mafia?", Yugyeom asked.

My eyes widened at the mention of this. Was my identity compromised?

"Yah Yugyeom don't say any stupid stuff. Jena's father is a businessman", Jisoo yelled at him.

"I know, I was just joking", he said smacking me playfully in the back.

I breathed a sigh of relief at this. For a moment all my life flashed in front of my eyes. I could only imagine how disappointed and angry father would be if rumors about me made rounds.

"Guess I will get going now, my class is about to start", I said gathering my things.

"Okay, we will see you in history. Bye", all of them said.

I smiled and after bidding them goodbye, headed towards class. Sungjae and Minhyuk followed behind as I sat in the class. They usually stood outside but since class was almost empty they decided to stand at the back. A couple of other students walked in, some of them surprised at the sight of the men in suits at the back. I just lowered my head and pretended to read not wanting to meet their gaze as they talked about me.

The professor came in too, putting his books and markers at the side and facing us.

"Morning students and also good morning to Jena's bodyguards at the back. I see you have made progress. From outside the class to at the back. I expect you to be at front seat next time"

The class erupted in laughter at this, making it even more awkward for me. I turned back to look at them but both of them had a cold expression as they looked ahead, hands at the back, near the gun if they ever needed to shoot.

The rest of the class continued like usual with occasional jokes about me and my bodyguards. Seriously the professor had some issues. He was lucky he was in a classroom where he was safe. If he had made jokes on them outside somewhere, he would have had a bullet through his head right now.

After class I headed to the rest room as both the men followed me.

"Jena, we need to check inside before we let you go"

"Sungjae, it's a women's restroom. You cannot come inside."

"But it is not safe for you to go alone. Please open the door for us a little so we can see if there is a window or not."

I sighed but did as they said. They had the 'freedom' to do as they pleased if it was for my safety. I opened the door a little, startling the girl washing her hands inside. Sungjae stepped in to take a closer look at the restroom before nodding his head and motioning an okay to Minhyuk. The girl inside shot glares at me and I bowed a little to apologize. She walked past me while mumbling something to herself which I assumed was about me.

I stepped in the cabin to do business after which I walked out to wash my hands. I shuffled through my bag to find my lip balm and comb. After trying out multiple things I finally settled on a lose ponytail. Just as I was about to put on lipbalm, I heard a sound outside the door.

Within a couple of seconds a stream of blood flowed from the little space between the floor and the door. My eyes widened at the sight of it. I took out the hairclip in my hair and turned it around to reveal a little dagger. I never carried a gun, but I did not ever leave the house unarmed.

I gently opened the door knob. The passage was clear but I saw both Minhyuk and Sungjae on the floor, hit with a bullet. I could see Sungjae trying to breathe as I rushed to him. I pressed my hand on his wound which had become very deep. It had to be a sniper. I turned around to see the window at the end of the hallway was broken.

I ran to Minhyuk who was still breathing but he had lost consciousness.

Both of them were shot in places which made them immobile but would not kill them. If the shooter did not mean to kill them, it meant only one thing, he or she wants something to do with me.

Just as this stream of thoughts ran through my head, I felt a cool piece of metal touch my head.

As I turned back, I saw them. Two men standing there with masks pointing a gun at me.