Eat

Hoseok placed Jena on the bed before tugging her in. She had fallen asleep on the floor. He sat by the bed as he saw her sleeping. His hand moved involuntarily as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. This had to stop. He did not want revenge, not like this. Not with Jena. And Jimin could do whatever he wanted to, but he wasn't going all of this happen to Jena anymore.

He walked out of the room to run into Yoongi.

"Is she asleep?"

Hoseok nodded his head. The elder one sensed what had happened.

"Are you okay Hobi?"

"Yeah Hyung"

"Is there something you want to talk about?"

"No"

"You cannot lie, not to me. I know you better than you know yourself"

"I... I don't...", he stopped as his voice cracked.

"You don't what?"

"I don't want to do this. I cannot. This is not how it is supposed to be Hyung."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't care about the revenge. My parents and sister died. They aren't coming back. In all this I don't want to do this to Jena. There is something inside me which is telling me this isn't right."

"Hobi..", Yoongi's words trailed. He had suspected this from the start but now Hoseok's words confirmed it. He was falling weak. His liking towards Jena had out weighted his thirst for revenge.

"I don't want to do it either", another voice said from behind the wall.

"Jungkook?", Yoongi asked and the youngest walked out slowly, his eyes glued to the floor.

"Hyung, It doesn't feel right hurting Jena like this. We should let her go"

Yoongi looked at both of them still not being able to believe what they were saying. He personally had nothing against Jena but that did not mean that he did not desire revenge. He had seen his parents being brutally killed. They died saving him and he was going to avenge them.

"Don't let Jimin hear you say this", he warned both of them.

"Hyung don't tell me that you want this too", Hoseok asked perplexed.

"Go to sleep now. It is late. We have important work to do tomorrow", he ignored them, turning and walking away. Both Hoseok and Jungkook looked at each other. Yoongi refused to answer their question and they knew what it meant.

———•••———

It had been a couple of days since the incident with Stella. Jena never came out of the room. Jin always left a tray of food in front of the room. Some days it was consumed and sometimes for a stretch it just kept lying there. Stella was hardly seen after that. Even if she came she made it a point to avoid all of them and go straight to Jimin's room. Her hand was still wrapped up. Guess who learnt their lesson the hard way.

The past two days Jena had refused to eat anything. Jin had tried talking but she wouldn't say a word. Hoseok and Jin both went but returned back. It was like talking to a wall that just kept staring at them.

"What is this?", Jimin asked as Jin came back with a tray of food.

"I took this upstairs for Jena. But she did not eat. She hasn't for the past two days. This is the sixth time I am getting the food back, untouched."

Jimin was shocked to hear this.

"We have a mission in two days where she has to go. We cannot afford this now. Give me the plate of food", he snatched it from Jin and headed up to her room.

He opened the door to see her lying on the bed with her back faced to him. What sort of an adolescent teen kind of behavior was this?

He walked up to her. She had curled herself, clutching the pillow tightly. The pillow had streaks of wetness as if she had been crying. Her eyes were red and there were dark bags under her eyes.

He cleared his throat which snapped Jena out of her thoughts. She turned around to see him standing there facing him.

"Eat this", he said handing the tray.

"I don't want to eat"

"Jena, eat. We have things to do and you cannot if you are weak"

Jena looked at him, but there was a sort of disappointment in her eyes. This is the kind of people they were. They did not care about her, they just wanted her to eat to stay alive and do jobs for them. If they weren't going to kill her, she might as well starve herself to the point she died out of hunger.

"Sit straight", he ordered.

There was no response. She just kept staring at him. Jimin put the food on the table beside before going and lifting her by the shoulders and supporting on the wall behind. He then placed the tray in her lap.

"Eat", he said.

"I don't want to"

Frustration had taken him up but he knew that if he shouted, it wasn't going to lead to anything.

He positioned himself beside her and took the tray in his own hands. He grabbed a spoonful before putting it near her mouth.

"Eat"

She still kept her lips sealed.

"Eat, please", he said in a low voice. There was no roughness to it, but it was rather soothing.

Something about the last words he said had a hint of care and delicateness in it. I did not know why but in response, I parted my lips a little to make way for the spoon.

He felt a sense of relief take over as she ate. Jimin watched as she ate spoon by spoon. What was happening? This feeling that had taken over him. It was a paradox. He was not supposed to be doing this, but somehow he still couldn't stop himself from worrying.

Taehyung and Jin stood by the door as they watched the scene in front of them.

Taehyung almost had his mouth hanging in shock.

"Hyung.. are you thinking the same?"

Jin did not say anything as he kept looking at the sight in front of him.

He knew what was happening and what it was going to result in. Not only was Jimin going to destroy Jena's life in all of this, somewhere he was going to be damaged beyond repair too.