Red

"May I come in?", a voice called from outside.

I hadn't stopped crying the moment Hoseok had left the room. It was as if I was crying in bulk. For my own misery, for their pain, for my brothers.

"Yes", I said wiping my tears.

Jin walked in with what looked like a tray of food.

"This is for you", he placed it near me.

"I am not hungry"

"I know. Eat it now, don't go looking for food in the middle of the night. And don't touch Jungkook's stuff, he hates it"

"How did you know it was me?", I asked perplexed.

"Jimin never eats things like these. He hardly eats after dinner. Taehyung won't eat Ham and Yoongi loves sleep too much to wake up in the middle of the night."

"You are like a mom. You know everything about your kids", I joked.

"I do. Now eat it. You haven't come out the whole day. We have an important meeting after dinner where you have to be present"

"Is that bitch going to be there?", I asked not being able to mask my anger.

"Unfortunately yes. She is everywhere Jimin is", he said chuckling.

"Is she his..?"

"No. I mean technically they aren't a thing. But their behavior says otherwise."

I muttered a couple of mean things under my breath that he couldn't understand.

"How are your injuries? Do you want me to have a look?"

"It's getting better", I said noticing my arm. The visible injuries had started vanishing, leaving behind recovering marks.

"I will be outside. We don't lock your door anymore. Guess Jimin trusts that you won't run away now. If you need anything, find me"

"Thank you"

SeokJin felt a little guilty at the thank you. He did nothing to deserve it.

"Why are you thanking me?"

"I don't know. You have been helping me ever since I came here. You remind me of my brother Donghae. I feel a little at ease around you"

A smile formed on Jin's face. But it wasn't a cheerful one. The kind that masked sadness.

"I will get going now. Be in the living room at 9"

With that he left leaving me alone once again. I decided that instead of sitting here, after dinner I could go around and discover the house.

I made my way through the cream walled passage which actually had a couple of paintings that I failed to notice before. I stared at one particular painted in all red with different shades of crimson and vermillion peaking from here and there.

"Jungkook made that", a deep voice behind me said.

I turned around to see Taehyung looking at me.

"Everytime he would have a nightmare, he would paint it and then next day throw it out. It was like a way to channel his fear and insecurity. Jin Hyung wouldn't let him trash it. So he hangs them up. Every week he checks the trash to see if there is a canvas lying around. If he finds one, he frames it. There are a lot of them in the north of the house."

I looked back at the painting with a different perspective now. Maybe the red could be indicting blood some way.

"Is there anything you like to do?"

"I liked singing back in the day when I was a kid.But then it slowly died out. The kind of environment I lived in, there wasn't any way to culture my hobbies", I said shrugging my shoulders.

He nodded, as a sign that he understood what I was talking about.

"What about you? Why computers? Why hacking?"

"I don't know. I have liked computers as long as I remember. My mom..."

He stopped at the mention of his mom. Maybe I wasn't exactly the best person to talk to his mom about. Now that Hosoek had told me everything, It took me a couple of seconds to figure out why he stopped abruptly.

"Well, I just like it. Coding is the only thing I do well I guess. That is why I am a hacker"

"Is there anything that you have done that you are proud of?"

"I once hack IU's social media and posted a happy birthday Jungkook message everywhere. Took me 15 seconds to get it done, but Kookie had the biggest smile on his face. He still has a screenshot of it hanging above his bed. You can ask him, he will show you."

This made me chuckle.

"Mafia members have their fanboy moments. Well that is unheard of"

He laughed at my comment too. We both moved towards the living room, making small talk about different things.

Suddenly the door of one of the rooms right down the alley opened and Stella walked out. Both me and Taehyung stopped as we saw her. Shirt completely undone, her hair was a mess and she was barefoot. It was clear what she had been doing. A moment later Jimin walked out with the same messed up hair and a hint of the chest showing. His eyes met mine for a moment after which he looked at Taehyung before pulling Stella back in the room. What a disgusting sight. I could have gladly rubbed my eyes with acid to unsee this.

"Bitch", I muttered under my breath.

"You would be surprised to know that none of us here really like her except for Jimin"

"What? Isn't she one of you guys?"

"She isn't. Jimin hired her because she is excellent with manipulating and getting information. Now she roams in this house as if she owns it"

"That is what she is doing. Manipulating my brother. I feel like a sensation in my palms. I just want to slap her."

"Do it when Jimin isn't around. And when she complains to him, we will pretend she is lying and seeing things."

I laughed at this. Taehyung was indeed a funny person. It still felt unreal. I was kidnapped, yet I felt comfortable with them. Technically I should be put in a dark room and tortured. Instead I roamed around, ate home made food and did jobs for them. What sort of a parallel reality was this?

A/N : To everyone reading, thank you so much. I appreciate you sparing your precious time to read this.
Please feel free to give me your opinions and suggestions ♥️♥️