Bonus Chapter : Growing up (Part 1)

A/N: I had a debate with myself to release this or not. But finally I settled on releasing it. I hope you enjoy this Bonus chapter which will be a two part series. After the second part drops, there will be no more chapters for Mafia.

Areum dragged herself through the corridors of the school. It was difficult being a 17 year old especially in high school. Everyone around her was becoming more gorgeous by passing day, yet she was stuck being a nerd, her thick glasses, freckled skin and sleek hair tucked in a ponytail a sharp contrast to the colored contact lenses, dyed hair and glass skin that girls around her always carried.

Opening the door to her locker, she stuffed her mathematics books in, taking a moment to glance at the thick laminated book in front of her. This is the reason she had no friends. Every minute that her peers spent partying and finding a significant other, she spent that time studying, reading and preparing to get into the most elite school in the country.

Her eyes fell to the side and she glanced as her older brother Taemin passed by, his hand resting on the back of a girl making her shake her head in slight disapproval.

Taemin was a playboy. He had a new girl everyday. And Areum wasn't kidding when she said that. There were only 2-3 girls he hadn't fooled around with in this school. She felt a pang of sadness as she recalled the previous girl's faces when he would break up with them.

Eomma and Appa knew nothing about what he was turning out to be. As the kids were soon about to turn 18, Jimin and EunHa let them be by themselves, trusting that they were old enough to take their own decisions. If only she could tell them what Taemin was upto at school — and that innocent boy image was just a facade, because beneath it was the biggest fuckboy the school had ever seen.

On the right side passed her elder sister Miyoung aka goth queen. As she grew older, Miyoung hardly ever spoke to anyone. She kept by herself, bare minimum words leaving her mouth and that too only when she was forced to speak up.

She had her group of friends, all emo kings and queens like her. They only wore black, listened to old American rap and kept among themselves. Miyoung wasn't trouble like Taemin was but at least Taemin treated Areum like family unlike Miyoung who gave both her siblings the cold shoulder.

She closed the locker door, and headed towards the library only to have someone trip her in the way.

"Hey loser", a girl with a lollipop in her mouth spoke as she smirked at her.

Areum's face flushed a deep red. One because she could feel the other's gaze on her which embarrassed her. And second, even when she hated it, she had the biggest fucking crush on this girl in front of her.

Yes you are right. Park Areum was gay.

"What do you want Jennie?", she said as she stood up.

"Do my homework", she carelessly tossed a book to her which the later barely managed to catch. "Mr Lim gave me a detention but Miss Kim wants me to do all this thrice. I want it done by tomorrow morning"

Areum gulped but without a word put the book in the bag. She knew better than to refuse and second she didn't want Jennie getting into trouble again.

Jennie watched as the girl started walking away. Raising an eyebrow she chased after her. Areum flinched as she found a hand around her shoulder. Being taller than Jennie, she looked down to see the girl walking beside her.

"What do you want?"

"Come with me", Jennie said pulling her hand and taking her towards the garden behind the school.

"Wait, I have class", Areum panicked as she felt herself get dragged. "I don't care", came the reply. Areum watched Jennie's long brown hair flow in the air in front of her and her heart did a little spin.