Infinity

Hoseok paced around the car waiting for Jena. Even though he had probably met her 4 days ago, he still couldn't help but worry if she was okay. He despised the Lee family with all his heart, but he couldn't come to terms with the fact that they were doing this to someone who had nothing to do with her family's business. He believed Jena was innocent yet he couldn't question Jimin's decisions.

He heard a twig twitch behind him as he stopped in his track. From intuition he was convinced that this was someone waiting to attack. As he slowly turned around, he saw a big man looking at him. He was almost a foot taller, and he had a beer in his hand. In his other hand was what looked a shiny blade.

He stepped ahead as Hoseok took one step back. His area of expertise was explosives so he hardly knew how to fight. If it was Jin or Jimin, they would have taken the big guy down, but chances were he would become mince meat in a second.  He embraced himself as he saw the man swinging the knife in his direction, only to see him fall with a thud on the ground and scream a moment later.

From behind him, Jena revealed herself clutching a knife in her hand as blood dripped from it.

"Let's go, there are too many of them", she said in a hushed voice.

He nodded heading for the door of the car. Just when they thought it was done, there was a noise of glass shattering. Behind him Jena held her head as she fell to her knees. The giant man had crashed the bottle of bear straight on her head and now he stood up. What monster was this? How could have a stab to the back not disabled him?

I held my head as things around me came to a still. I felt behind me the presence of the man that I had stabbed. In front of me Hoseok grabbed me by the shoulders as he tried to move me away from the man.

Seeing him, a scene that had happened earlier played in my mind.

Just as I stepped out of the room where Jungkook gave me the guns, I saw Yoongi leaning by the wall waiting for me.

"Can I talk to you?", he asked.

"Me?"

"I don't see any one else around", he said crossing his arms by his chest.

"Well I am surprised you would want to talk to me. What do you have to say? Threaten me about my brothers? Tell me that if I did not do as you asked, you will shoot them?", I said, bitterness spilled from my voice as I said those words.

"I....well no. It's about Hoseok. The only reason Jimin is sending him with you is because it is a simple mission and we know that there will be no killing or fighting. But still, can you please..."

He stopped for a moment as he sighed.

"Can you please look out for him. He cannot fight, he hardly ever goes into the field and he has absolutely no idea how to defend himself. I feel awkward and guilty saying this to you but please make sure nothing happens to him. I know you are a good fighter, I have seen it. Just..."

I was surprised at those words. He expected me to take care of Hoseok for him. What was this? A reverse Korean drama? Instead of being Young Shin, I was now Healer protecting Hoseok.

Cue back to present time as the man behind me punched him straight into the face. Yoongi was right. This man couldn't even fight to save his damn life.

I stood up, using the car as a support. I quickly grabbed the knife that had fallen down from my hand before running and hitting it in his back again. He let go of Hoseok who was held by his collar before turning towards me. I gripped the handle even tighter before taking a couple of footsteps. He did not look happy.

He held me by the throat digging his fingers deep into my neck. I struggled against his hold, as I felt my breath being cut off. It took me one swift moment to stab him straight into the eyes as he let go of me in an instance. My barbaric action took me by surprise and guilt as I saw the blood spurt out from there. But I had to do that to save myself. Hoseok looked at me in surprise and what I sensed was fright.

"Let's go", I said snapping him out of his thoughts. One last look at the man lying on the floor, we made a run for the car.

The drive back to the bangtan house was silent. As the realisation of what I had done dawned on me, I was flooded with guilt and remorse. Flashes of the men and the last guy made their way into my mind making me almost throw up.

We reached the house where both of us stepped out of the car.

"Jena, your head. It looks bad", Hoseok said as soon as I got out.

"I know, It hurts too"

"Show it to Jin Hyung as soon as we go in."

I nodded before following him inside.

My eyes fell on him as he walked ahead of me. For some reason it did not look right. What was he missing? And that is when it struck me.

"Hoseok where is your earpiece?"

He stopped before putting his hand near his ear to feel it.

Both of our eyes widened in horror.

He had lost his bangtan ear piece at the warehouse, compromising our identity to Ma Dong's men.