Chapter 8

You got home and everyone wanted to know how it went. You were glad all of them were so interested it everything that had happened. It was nice to have people actually want you to speak for once. That was something you had never gotten with Raymond. You sat down and began to tell them about your day.

"So, give us the details!" Roxy said. You chuckled.

"Well, I met who I'm going to be working with and I got to go on an investigation with them." You said.

"Nice!" Jaden said.

"So, what about the people you're working with. What about them?" Dell asked.

"Well there's Hank. He's older and kind of a stick in the mud, but he's cool. I bet he's softer on the inside than he lets on." You said.

"Sounds like it's going to be an experience working with him." Jacob said. You all chuckled.

"Yeah. It probably will be." You agreed.

"What about the other person you're working with?" Claira asked.

"Oh. That's Connor. He's actually an android. He's tall, neat, and very logical. I have a feeling there's more to him than what I've learned so far. He's not a deviant, so I'm going to have to be careful around him, but he seems to trust me so far. I hope I can get him to see our side of things." You said.

"He sounds cool. I've never met a cop android before." Dell said.

"I bet he's been on some crazy missions!" Nelly said. You chuckled.

"He seems like a pretty down to earth guy. I don't think he's much of a chase kind of person. He's more of an interrogator, ya know?" You said.

"Well, everyone has there surprises!" Roxy said. You chuckled.

"True." You said.

"Is he nice?" Nelly asked.

"Oh yeah. He's very polite. He's smart too. He uses a lot of big words. But the thing is, he seems kind of clueless and he has this sense of curiosity that's kind of funny. He's definitely different." You said.

"Ooooh! (Y/n)'s got a boyfriend!" Claira said.

"What?" You asked, baffled by her statement. "Claira, I just met him today." 

"So what? Love at first sight ring a bell?" She asked. You sighed.

"I don't feel like that about him. I just think he'll make a good friend. There's nothing weird about that." You said.

"Yeah, give the girl a break Claira. You already had her be your fashion doll. I don't think she needs you singing 'I ship it' at the top of your lungs." Jaden said. Everyone laughed at that. You smiled. You were glad you were getting closer to everyone.

"So, what about you guys? Any luck with all of your interesting things today?" You asked.

"I sold out today! It was amazing! I'm so happy!" Nelly said. You smiled.

"I'm not surprised. Your baking always smells amazing." You said. She blushed a little.

"Aw~! Thank you, (Y/n)!" She said. You smiled. 

"Anytime, Nelly." You replied She smiled.

Nelly Status: Friend

"I have to agree. Your baking is awesome." Jacob said. 

"I second that!" Jaden said.

"Count me third!" Claira added.

"Even I have to admit, passing up your food would be insane." Roxy agreed. Oreon and Dell nodded along with everyone else. She blushed even more.