Chapter 32

You arrived back at Jericho and you saw a group of animals hanging out together. You were stunned. You walked over and saw Bandit and Flame were among them. 

"Well you two were busy, weren't you?" You asked. They both looked up at you and the others animals circled around you inquisitively. You chuckled and pet each of them in turn. They all seemed to like you. Jaden came over.

"Yep. They came back with 6 new friends today and I was speechless." She said. You smiled.

"Got names for them?" You asked.

"The three cats are Streak, Sundrop, and Rebel. The new wolves are Galaxy, Tucker, and Speckle. I think you can guess who is who." She said. You nodded.

"You name them?" You asked.

"No. They told me. Telepathic communication works wonders, doesn't it?" She asked jokingly. You chuckled.

"Yep. It really does." You agreed. You suddenly heard music. You turned and saw people were gathered around Roxy as she played her guitar, which you all had taken with you, and sang for whoever wanted to listen.

And walked over with Jaden and the animals following you. You sat down on the floor and Roxy strummed the guitar with grace as the song began. You smiled, listening to her voice.

"What's it like to be the one that he turns to when he sought his answers? What's it like to be the one that he comes to when he wants to dance? AndI, I, I...I wonder what's that like? I, I, I, I, I~  I have got him on my mind, but he doesn't know my name. AndI'm running out of timeI wish he felt the same.  And I'm acting stupid like every day. Don't know what to do or what I should say'cuz I have got him on my mind, but he doesn't know my name~" Her voice cut off for a moment as your ears were filled with the beautiful sounds of her guitar alone. Then she began to sing again. "What's it like to always hang when he tells you when that you're all he wants? And it's midnight. Oh, I'm thinking about him.  I have got him on my mind, but he doesn't know my name. AndI'm running out of timeI wish he felt the same.  And I'm acting stupid like every day. Don't know what to do or what I should say'cuz I have got him on my mind, but he doesn't know my name." Her voice cut off again and you had began to lightly hum along with her music. IT was beautiful and calming. "I want to hold his hand'cuz I, can't stop thinking about him! And would he understand, if I told him how I feel about him?  Ohh, ohh, whoa, whoa~  I have got him on mind, but he doesn't no my name! AndI'm running out of time! I wish he felt the same! And I'm acting stupid like every day! Don't know what to do or what I should say'cuz I have got him on my mind, but he doesn't know my name~  He doesn't know my name~  Woah, oh~" 

She finished the song lightly on her guitar and you smiled and clapped along with everyone else as she did. She blushed slightly and smiled. She set down her guitar and took a light bow. You smiled as she did. Some of the only light left in this rusty old ship. I'm glad that we have her to keep the life in this place. It's not so dreary with her voice and music. You looked over and saw the animals playing with each other. Your smile grew. Guess there are some things to be happy about after all. 

You left the group as some androids worked around the main area to lean it up and make it better all around. You decided to find North, Markus, and Josh. You found North and Josh, but neither were in a good mood. You listened in.

"Our broadcast is all over the news. Now humans know." Josh said.

"It was a mistake to reach out to them. They'll never negotiate with their slaves. We should have shown them that we're prepared to fight." North said.

"Violence is never the answer. Dialog is the only way, I'm sure the humans will listen to us." Josh said. He stood up. "Simon paid with his life." Josh said.

"Simon gave his life for our cause." North said. You frowned.

North Status: Neutral

"What difference does that make?" Josh said.

"He's a hero! He died for the revolution and he won't be the last!" North said.

"I don't want a revolution that spills blood!" Josh said.

"Then live as a slave!" North said, standing up to confront him. "Because if you're not willing to fight for your freedom, maybe you don't deserve it!" You were shocked.

"North, don't you dare-"

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU THIS INSTANT!" You shouted. They looked over at you.

"She's right! That's enough!" You turned as you heard Markus. You nodded to him. They stopped fighting.

"And now what are we going to do?" North asked. You all looked to Markus.

"There are five Cyberlife stores across Detroit. All selling us like merchandise. We're going to attack those stores and set our people free." Markus said.

"Count me in." You said. 

"Let's do it." North agreed.

"For our people." Josh said. With the four of you agreed, you all split up.

"Hey (Y/n), mind if I ask you something?" Markus said.

"No. Go ahead." You said.

"At the tower when you leaped out to help Simon and I, you looked really...angry. Why was that?" He asked. You frowned, remembering Connor. You sighed.

"Have you heard of the deviant hunter android?" You asked. He nodded.

"Yes, now that you mention it." He said. You sighed.

"I was...kind of into him, but he's the one that shot my friend." You said. He looked stunned.

"Oh...that's horrible, (Y/n)." He said.

"It's whatever. I should've known anyway." You said. He gave you a hug.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He said. You smiled a little.

"Thanks, Markus." You said. He nodded to you. 

"If you ever need anything, I'll be around. Don't be afraid to ask, alright?" He said. You nodded.

"I'll ask if I need to." You said. 

"I'll see you later." He said. You nodded.

"See you around Markus." You replied and you both split. You were glad Markus seemed to like you. It made you feel better knowing he was willing to be there if you needed him. He's a good guy, but he's not my type. I don't think...anyone is my type anymore. You sighed to yourself. At least I have another friend to count on.

Markus Status: Friend