Chapter 24

You all arrived at Eden Club soon enough. You felt uncomfortable coming here. You remember Raymond again. You forced those thoughts aside. You absolutely hated to think of that. You shrugged it off and focused on why you were there. You had a job to do. 

"Ugh...feels like somebody is messing with a drill inside my skull." Hank groaned. You felt bad for him. I guess this isn't exactly what someone would want to be doing right after they became sober. It was understandable why he felt like that. You had to give him a break there. "You sure this is the place?" 

"It's the address on the report." Connor replied.

"Right." Hank said. "Okay. Let's get going." You opened your door and climbed out. You waited for Connor before the three of you walked in together.

"Huh, 'Sexiest androids in town'." Hank quoted. "Now I know why you insisted on coming here." He said to Connor. You felt even more uncomfortable at his words. You shrugged it off. It was just a joke after all, right?

You all walked over to Ben. You waved to him as you walked over. He nodded back to you with a smile. 

"Hey, Hank. Hey (Y/n)." He greeted.

"Hey, Ben. How's it goin'?" Hank greeted.

"That room there. Oh, uh, by the way, Gavin's in there too." Ben said. You frowned. It just had to be him. Hank sighed, clearly just as pleased about him being there.

"Oh great. A dead body and an asshole, just what I needed." Hank said. You all walked in together and Gavin turned.

"Lieutenant Anderson and his plastic pet along with Lieutenant (L/n). The fuck are you all doing here?" Gavin asked rather rudely.

"We've been assigned to all cases involving androids." Connor replied. 

"Oh yeah? Well, you're wasting your time. Just some pervert who, uh, got more action then he could handle!" Gavin said with a laugh. You were kind of grossed out now.

"We'll have a look anyway if you don't mind." Hank said. Gavin rolled his eyes.

"Come on, let's go." He said to the other cop. "It's, uh, starting to stink of booze in here." He said, shouldering past Connor along the way.

"Night you two." The other officer said as he followed Gavin out. Connor knelt down by the android. His hand went white and he touched her head.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"I am diagnosing what parts were damaged to make it shut down." Connor explained. You nodded. He then swiped a bit of the blue blood and brought his fingers to his mouth. He licked it before Hank could stop him.

"Ugh, Connor you're so disgusting. I think I'm gonna puke again." He said. You chuckled.

"You know, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. You should relax a little." You said.

"I wish there were other ways to do that." Hank replied. You shrugged.

"I don't mind." You said. He rolled his eyes. Meanwhile, Connor scanned the victim.

"He didn't die of a heart attack. He was strangled." Connor said.

"Yeah, I saw the bruising on the neck." Hank agreed. "Doesn't prove anything though. Could've been rough play."

"I don't think that's it. An android would know not to squeeze that hard, right?" You said.

"Agreed. We're missing something here." Connor said.

"Think you can read the android's memory?" Hank asked. "Maybe you can see what happened."

"I can try." Connor said. He grabbed her arm and his hand went white again, but nothing happened. "The only way to access its memory is to reactivate it."