Chapter 120

You hummed happily as you did your makeup and your hair. Today was finally the day! You were going back to work! You were so excited! You had a great outfit picked out too! (Pic above.) You felt ready to go back. You couldn't wait to finally be on the team with the boys again. Oreon would be there too! It's gonna be great! You told yourself happily.

You heard a knock on the bathroom door. You smiled, knowing who it was. You turned back to the mirror, finishing up as you called him in.

"Come in, Connor!" The door opened and he came over to you. He was dressed more formal, like he used to dress in his android uniform, but he still looked more human now than before. The only thing that gave him away was his LED. You had yet to ask him about it, but you figured you could talk to him about it later.

"Are you almost ready, darling?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was just finishing up. Sorry, it's just been so long and I wanted to look nice, ya know?" He smiled with a small chuckle.

"I understand, but I don't think it would look good if you were late on your first day back." He pointed out. You blushed a little and nodded.

"Yeah, you're probably right." You agreed. You finished up and then you turned to him with an excited smile. "Let's get going!" He smiled and took your hand as you both headed out. You said goodbye to Galaxy and Bandit before walking out of the house and hopping into the car. You strapped yourself in, your smile never falling even a little bit. Connor chuckled at your enthusiasm.

"You're really eager today." He chuckled. You rolled your eyes.

"I have a right to be happy. This is what I wanted to do, after all." You pointed out. He smiled and nodded.

"I know. And it's a good thing it was, or I might never have met you." He said. You smiled genuinely at him. You leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah." You agreed. "Now, come on! Let's go!" Connor smiled and he started up the car. He pulled out of the driveway and you both headed off to work. You hummed to the radio and Connor smiled, glancing over at you.

Soon enough, you arrived. You got out of the car, but then another emotion barreled into you. You remembered one problem. You were a cyborg. You'd left this place because you'd been exposed. How...how are people going to react to seeing me after so long and all of this stuff being revealed about me?

Connor seemed to notice your swift change in attitude. He came over to you, concern glittering in his gaze.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" He asked. You looked at him.

"Um..I-I didn't think of how...they will react." You said. He hugged you.

"No matter what happens, I won't let anything happen to you. I promised, didn't I?" You looked into his chocolate brown eyes. His face was filled with reassurance. "It's okay." You smiled, relaxing a little.

"Thanks, love." You replied. He kissed you quick.

"Always." He replied. You smiled warmly at him before taking his hand and heading inside. You saw Hank's car in the parking lot and you let out a dramatic whine. Connor looked at you confused.

"I wanted to beat him!" You said, pointing at the car. Connor looked up to where you were pointing and he laughed.

"You're perfect." He chuckled. You smiled and then you both kept going. You held his hand a little tighter as you walked in. As you walked in, Connor checked in with you and the android working at the receptionist desk welcomed you back. You'd expect that from an android, but the humans were another story.