Chapter 102

Connor's POV

I opened my eyes and I was back in the garden. I was stunned at first. Here? Why here? I thought I stopped doing this. Then, it hit me. I realized that I didn't want to be here. I realized that this place wasn't the peaceful place it used to be, even if it looked that way now.

"Connor!" I heard somebody call my name. It sounded friendly. I looked around nervously. "Over here, Connor!" I turned. I spotted Amanda. She waved at me with a smile. "Hello, Connor! Don't worry! I just want to talk!" I knew I shouldn't trust Amanda, and I didn't, but I still felt compelled to find out what this was about.

I walked over, keeping myself alert just to be safe. As I walked over, I felt like running away, but I knew that there wasn't really anywhere to go. I could try to escape, but that wouldn't benefit me for long. She could probably just bring me back here again. I stood a few feet away from her.

"What do you want from me, Amanda?" I said.

"Now, now. No need to be hostile. I wanted to congratulate you." I was completely confused now.

"You wanted to what?" I asked.

"You've won. My daughter is dead and there's nothing more I can do. So, congratulations. You actually did it. I must admit, even I am impressed." She said. I felt weary about this. "But it's ironic, really." She said.

"Ironic how?" I asked.

"You won in every aspect, except one." I was confused, but then I felt my heart skip a beat. "It really is hilarious. You do everything right for everyone else, but you fail the one person you care about most. It really says a lot about you, Connor." I backed away from her.

"S-stop it. I-I didn't fail her! You poisoned her!"

"And there was absolutely nothing you could do about that. She was counting on you, but you let her die right in your arms. How...tragic." She said.

"Stop it! Stop calling me here! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled at her.

"I'm afraid, I can't, Connor. After all, I'm attached to you. No matter how hard you try, I'll always be here, and I'll always be watching."

"You're a monster." I hissed.

"And you're a failure. I guess we're both horrible things, aren't we?" She asked.

"I'm not a failure!" I shouted.

"You couldn't even solve your investigation." She said.

"I CHOSE not to play your twisted game! Now for the last time, leave me alone!" I growled. I went to go to the exit panel. 

"Connor, you really are stubborn." She said. I ignored her. "It's not there!" She called. I stopped.

"What?" 

"The panel isn't there. I destroyed it." She said. I whipped around.

"You're lying!" I snapped. "Stop messing with me! I'm sick of being your tool! I'm sick of you! Why can't you just leave me alone!?" I shouted.

"Because you'll never be who you're trying to be Connor. It only hurts you more. No matter what you do, something goes wrong. And now, (Y/n) will never wake up because of you. She'll eventually die for good and you'll be alone all over again. It's actually interesting. You'll be exactly like Lieutenant Anderson then." I felt rage burning inside me.

"Don't you dare talk about Hank like that." I growled.

"I just did." She replied. I wanted to punch her so bad, but I knew that probably wasn't even physically possible. Plus, if she really was still connected to me, I could damage myself. 

"Leave me alone. I won't say it again." I growled and I walked away. Suddenly, the garden grew dark in seconds. I felt something wrap very tightly around my arm. Then I felt it on my leg. I looked and I saw black cords were quickly wrapping around me all over my body. I was yanked back to her. Amanda quickly faded away, replaced by a grinning Alisandra. 

"You're such an idiot, Connor. I can't believe it's that easy to fool you." She chuckled.

"H-how!? Y-you're d-dead!" I coughed as one of the cords began to strangle me.

"Because I've always had that power. You underestimate us far too often, Connor. And let me tell you a little secret..." She said as the cords pulled me closer to her. "You'll never escape me~" She cooed.

"S-stop!" I cried out. I struggled to break free, but it was impossible. 

"Stop? But I haven't even show you my special trick yet!" She said. I opened my eyes and I saw (Y/n) wrapped in the same cords.

"C-Connor!" She yelped, looking scared. 

"(Y/n)!! Let her go!!" I screamed.

"Relax! I'll let her go! I just wanted to remind you of something." She said. I grew fearful. I watched as the cord around her neck starting cutting into her skin. She screamed in pain, tears quickly rolling down her face.

"NO!! STOP IT!!" I yelled, struggling with all the strength I had. Alisandra just laughed as she watched both of us struggle. Suddenly, I heard a loud crack. I stared at (Y/n) as her eyes widened and then they went dim. I was crying now. "N-no...." I whimpered. The cords dropped both of us and I scrambled over to her. "No, no, no, please not again!" I cried. I held her close to me, once again getting no response.

"You'll never be who you're trying to be Connor. You can only ever be what you are." She said. I looked up at her.

"W-why?" I cried. She paused. "W-why are you like this? W-why are you so heartless?" I said. She rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not heartless." She said. I then felt something spear me straight through my gut. "I'm just in control." It ripped out of my body and I collapsed as she walked away with a smile, her heels clicking on the ground. I held onto (Y/n), crying and scared. Suddenly, she faded away and I was alone. I cried harder.

"S-somebody....p-please help me." I whimpered. I laid there as I quickly grew weaker and weaker. There was nothing I could do. I cried harder at the thought. I can't do anything....s-she's right. I'm so useless.... I thought. Suddenly, the silence around me was filled with screaming. I wanted to cover my ears, but I couldn't move. I could hear my friends voice mixed in with all of them, each crying desperately for help or screaming in agony. Then, there was one scream that stood out the most. 

"CONNOR!!!!!!!!!" 

"(Y/N)!!" I screamed as I shut upward. I looked around. I was breathing hard, tears were streaming out of my eyes, and I was sweating slightly. My hair was messy and my body was shaking as my heart beat faster than I thought possible. I realized it was all just a nightmare. I curled up into a ball on my bed, my body still wracked with sobs and shaking in terror. H-help me... M-make it stop... I had never felt so helpless.