Chapter 62

You came back down and saw that Connor was on the couch. He looked like he was deep in thought and very troubled. You had a good guess why. You came over to him. You sat down and wrapped your arm around him, rubbing his shoulder while resting your head on his other shoulder.

"You alright, Con?" You asked. He glanced over at you, saying nothing. You knew what that meant. "I know this is something hard to come to terms with, Connor, but Oreon isn't going to try to hurt you and I know you both can get past what happened. Connor, Oreon is like a brother to me. I don't want you both to start acting weird around each other." You said.

"(Y/n), I don't want to ruin your optimism, but he isn't going to like me being around you. Don't you know that?" He asked.

"I know and that's what I want to work on with him. The sooner you both get past your differences the quicker we can all start smiling around each other. I just want you to try. Can you do that for me, chief?" You asked. He smiled a little.

"Of course, love." He replied. You smiled. You both kissed for a moment and gently pressed your foreheads together. 

"Now, what do you say we pop in The Greatest Showman, huh?" You said. He smiled.

"If that's what you wish." He replied, kissing your forehead. You giggled.

"You're so proper, Connor." You said.

"I can stop if you like." He replied.

"No." You said, kissing his cheek. "I never want you to change." He chuckled.

"And I can say the same for you, (Y/n)." He replied. Connor got up and turned on the movie while you grabbed a big blanket for both of you. Connor laid down and you laid on top of him between his legs and wrapped up in his arms with the blanket over both of you. You smiled as the movie started. You started singing with it as it did.

Once the song was over, Connor said,

"You're voice is so beautiful." You blushed. "I wish I could sing like that."

"I'm sure you can sing too, Connor." You said.

"I've...never tried." He replied.

"Maybe you should sometime." You said. He smiled.

"If that will make you happy, then maybe I will." He replied. You smiled.

"I love you, Connor."

"I love you too, (Y/n)." You both shared a quick kiss before going back to the movie.

Oreon's POV

I went back out to ask (Y/n) if she knew where my hoodie was, but I heard her and Connor talking. I stayed silent and listened in from the shadowy hallway. The darkness hid me just enough so neither of them noticed me. Neither of them were facing me at the time, but it still helped.

"You alright, Con?" She asked him. He said nothing for a moment. "I know this is something hard to come to terms with, Connor, but Oreon isn't going to try to hurt you and I know you both can get past what happened. Connor, Oreon is like a brother to me. I don't want you both to start acting weird around each other." She told him.

"(Y/n), I don't want to ruin your optimism, but he isn't going to like me being around you. Don't you know that?" He asked.

"I know and that's what I want to work on with him. The sooner you both get past your differences the quicker we can all start smiling around each other. I just want you to try. Can you do that for me, chief?" She asked, cuddling up to him, their faces only an inch apart. He smiled a little at her.

"Of course, love." He replied. She smiled at him. They both kissed for a moment and gently pressed their foreheads together.

"Now, what do you say we pop in The Greatest Showman, huh?" She suggested. He smiled.

"If that's what you wish." He replied, kissing her forehead. The action caused a horrid pain in my heart. I could only imagine me being in that spot. Why him? Why him of all android? She giggled at him and I could only stare sadly at the two.

"You're so proper, Connor." She said.

"I can stop if you like." He replied.

"No." She said, kissing his cheek. "I never want you to change." He chuckled.

"And I can say the same for you, (Y/n)." He replied. Connor got up and turned on the movie while (Y/n) grabbed a big blanket for the both of them. I made sure neither of them saw me. Connor laid down and she laid on top of him between his legs and wrapped up in his arms with the blanket over them.  They looked so happy together. I wanted it to be me. I wanted to be the one she would be with like that, but now I realized I could never have that. The movie started. She started signing with it as it did.

"Ladies and gents this is the moment you've waited for." I listened, her voice blending beautifully with the original music. God, she's amazing. I thought with a smile. I wanted to tell her that so badly, but I was planted in that spot, only able to observe. Once the song was over, Connor said,

"You're voice is so beautiful." I knew she was most likely blushing. "I wish I could sing like that." He told her.

"I'm sure you can sing too, Connor." She insisted.

"I've...never tried." He replied.

"Maybe you should sometime." She said.

"If that will make you happy, then maybe I will." He replied.

"I love you, Connor." She told him. Those words made my heart shatter all over again.

"I love you too, (Y/n)." They both shared a quick kiss before going back to the movie. I hurried back to my room, salty tears in my eyes. I opened and shut the door silently. I leaned up against it and slide down to the floor. I let the tears fall as it all sank in deeper and deeper. 

"I-I wished you l-loved me..." I whimpered, wiping the tears away with my sleeve. "How can loving you hurt so much?"